Help! Can't receive email through Outlook :(
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, I am able to receive my Verizon email through my iPad, but starting today whenever I try to retrieve it via Outlook on my desktop computer, it times out. I start Outlook and it says "Connecting..." at the bottom, and then the window pops up telling me "Your POP3 Server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for it to respond?" I click "Wait" and the same thing happens over and over until I give up and click "Stop."

Funny thing is that a few days ago I was having trouble sending email, but that seems to have cleared up. I have my settings changed to the new ones (smtp.verizon.net and pop.verizon.net), in fact I'd changed them a while ago and this is the first time I've had these problems.

I would really like to avoid having to delete my profile or whatever and create it again as I'm afraid I'll lose some important emails. Any idea at all on how to fix this? It's extremely annoying. 😞

0 Likes
Re: Help! Can't receive email through Outlook :(
aaa1994
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem!!!!  My Outlook just keeps timing out.  I can see the emails on Webmail, but they are not downloading into my Outlook.  Please help!

0 Likes
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I deleted another account that's inactive (with an old internet provider) the problem seems to have cleared up, but now I have a similar problem. Outlook will only retrieve a few emails, and then I suddenly get the "an unknown error has occurred" error message. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to really get me annoyed.

I've also been noticing that I'm having intermittent trouble trying to send email. I'll get the following error message:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Verizon email', Server: 'smtp.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

Usually after the third try, the email will actually get sent. No idea why this has been happening recently. But again it's really annoying.

0 Likes
aaa1994
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just changed my account setting to the new settings that we were told to use (the pop and smtp settings) for Outlook and now nothing is happening when I hit send/receive.  I get no status bar or anything.  The test says that it can't connect to the pop server.  It has timed out waiting for a response from the pop server.  I have troubleshot is twice, and nothing has improved. 

0 Likes