Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon now using Verizon.net- BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo
pedeeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using Windows Live. I cancelled Yahoo/Verizon through my primary account. After the change VZ reconfigured my primary email address in Windows Live. (changed incoming.yahoo.verizon.net to incoming.verizon.net) That email address is working fine, but my sub accounts are not, so I manually changed the incoming and outgoing portals on them. But I can not send or receive mail on my sub accounts

When I try to sign into myverizon.com using one of the sub accounts, it tells me--

"you have chosen to use yahoo as your email portal"  

But when I clink on the link that's provided to take me to yahoo, when I try to sign in yahoo it says--

"Verizon Yahoo account was cancelled by primary user"

I've changed them back to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and back again, I've changed portals from outgoing 25 to 587. I've look at the properties on my primary email set up in Live, which is working fine, and the set up on the subs is the same.

My sub accounts are still listed in my account, please help!

Re: Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon now using Verizon.net- BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Search is your friend: Subaccount emails no longer working after removing yahoo from verizon

Copy/Pasting from my response to that thread:

Tech support should be able to get them un-linked for you. They're supposed to follow the primary, but if it didn't work it may require manual intervention.

There are options for contacting Tech Support on Verizon's Contact Us page.

Re: Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo- NO RESOLUTION from VZ yet
pedeeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over 2 hours on the phone w/ 2 different techs, both looking at my computer. They DO see the problem when I try to retrieve my mail, but neither can resolve the issue. I was told 24 - 48 hours someone would get back to me!?!?  Unbelievable Smiley Mad

Re: Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo- NO RESOLUTION from VZ yet
Techman28
Master - Level 1

sent you a pm to get your issue resolved 🙂

Techman28
Master - Level 1

should be resolved now 🙂

Re: Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo- TECHMAN28 ROCKS!
pedeeds
Enthusiast - Level 2

A million thank yous. You need to train these incompetents. I send one message to you and it's fixed! Thanks, you are an asset to Verizon

Re: Help! I Cancelled Yahoo/Verizon BUT email sub accts still w/ Yahoo- TECHMAN28 ROCKS!
Techman28
Master - Level 1

np glad to help