Help -- Migrate Ghost Email to AOL
DavidNotley

We have had VZ DSL since BellAtlantic days.  My wife's subaccount email is working, but at some point the subaccount was deleted.  VZ support says that there is no way to reattach the subaccount and I can't migrate b/c there is no way to login to the VZ migrate page.  VZ support says to contact AOL.Com for migration help and AOL.Com says to contact VZ support.

Has anybody figured a way to migrate a ghost account.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Help -- Migrate Ghost Email to AOL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DavidNotley,

Are both accounts working, one still with Verizon and one now with AOL?  Or is one of the accounts no longer accessible?

Primary accounts and sub-accounts are migrated separately.  You should get a notification when the other account is ready to be moved.

What will happen to my verizon.net email sub-accounts?

All sub-accounts or email addresses associated with your Verizon account will receive a separate email notification, so please ensure that you sign in to each email address to start the migration process.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

0 Likes
DavidNotley

I migrated the main account to AOL just fine.  The sub-account doesn't exist (according to VZ support), yet sub-account gets POP mail just fine (since 1998 or 1999).  VZ support says to get migration support from AOL and AOL says to get migration support from VZ.

I just tried to create another sub-account for the Mrs. and that option is greyed-out.  This has been a very frustrating experience (well over 3 hours on the phone with support).  Any clues on how to deal with V support would be extremely helpful.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If the sub-account is working and accessible, it just hasn't been migrated yet.  Sub-accounts are moved independently to AOL as individual accounts, so if your primary account is now with AOL, it will no longer have an associated sub-account (which may be why you are being told the sub-account doesn't exist).  

0 Likes
DavidNotley

Yes, but...  We have email from VZ stating that access will go away on 03 May (today).  I can't login to the migration page b/c account doesn't exist.  VZ Cust. Support is friendly and apologetic, but ultimately useless b/c they don't have a way to transition an account that doesn't exist.  This whole thing has been very frustrating.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DavidNotley,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes