Home Page
beachman2

How can I delete the "show me around my Verizon" box that appears on

my "Email, News & TV" home page? It's always on the bottom right hand

corner of the page. If I want to use this, then I will go to "Accounts &

Services. I don't need to see this all the time.

0 Likes
Re: Home Page
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@beachman wrote:

my "Email, News & TV" home page?  ...

In general users cannot edit web pages on secured servers.  I other words, you cannot "delete" this box.  On the other hand, there are provisions that will allow you to arrange content on the MyVerizon pages.  You can, for example, allow certain news feeds, entertainment features, and so on, even though this may take a bit of digging.

As I learn more about the new MyVerizon pages, I am finding that there is always a method for arranging things according to my preferences.  However sometimes it takes a little longer than I'd like. 
Old saying: "Life is hard, and then you're dead."
0 Likes
Re: Home Page
Justin46
Legend

@beachman wrote:

my "Email, News & TV" home page? It's always on the bottom right hand

corner of the page. If I want to use this, then I will go to "Accounts &

Services. I don't need to see this all the time.

Well, one option, depending on what browser you are using, is to use an ad blocker. I use Firefox and an add-on called Adblock Plus. With that add-on installed, all I had to do was right-click on the little box in question, select that I wanted that one blocked, and ok the filter Adblock Plus generated. And bingo it was gone, and will remain gone until I remove the filter.

If you use Google Chrome, there is a version of Adblock Plus for that also. I don't know what ad blocker(s) there might be for Internet Explorer or Safari as I don't generally use those and have not bothered to see what might be available.

FWIW, there are so many ads and other distractions on so many websites, I don't think I could stand it without using Adblock Plus and Ghostery, they let me never, ever see so much crap, it is just wonderful. Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes