How Do I Prevent Family Members eMail Messages to Me from Being Flagged as SPAM by AOL?
ChuckB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Verizon decided it didn't want to be an email service provider anymore, the 'seamless' (HAH!) migration for AOL has had issues.

One issue which is particularly annoying is that family members' email messages are incomprehensively flagged as spam by AOL.  That means they go into the Spam folder and are not forwarded by AOL to Outlook, Apple iPhone, etc.

I suspect one reason for this is that my sister lives in France and has an email account name ending with a .fr (for France) Top Level Domain name.  Are all 'furrin' email accounts being flagged as spam? One wonders ... 

Anyway, I know that Verizon has washed its hands of email and the whole thing is with AOL now, and we've been shunted, kicked, and unceremoniously pushed over to AOL.

And we don't appreciate it. Not at all.

Who do we call now?

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Prevent Family Members eMail Messages to Me from Being Flagged as SPAM by AOL?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the LHS at the Bottom of Your Folders click on Quick Contacts

Take it from there.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Prevent Family Members eMail Messages to Me from Being Flagged as SPAM by AOL?
ChuckB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response, but it made no sense to me whatsoever

LHS? In what application is that? The AOL mail app? I see no such thing

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

LHS=Left Hand Side of screen

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you sign in to AOL Mail .... 

Inbox

Drafts

Sent

Spam

Trash

Contacts

Calendar

Down here at bottom click on 2nd icon  Quick Contacts

Then Click on \/ next to Quick Contacts 

Choose from :

New Contact

New Distribution List

Open Full Contacts

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes