How do I check for mail in a new sub account?
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

In Gmail, when I created a second email account, I logged in using the name for that account.

i just created a new sub account at verizon, got an email from Verizon asking me to confirm that account, and I did so.

From my Apple Mail account, I sent an email to that new sub account and it went and I did not receive back any indication that it was a bad address.

I assume that I have to log into that new sub account but when I tried to do so first using the sub account user Id for that account and, when that failed I used the first name/last name associated with the new sub account and that failed too.

Can someone tell me how to log into this account?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How do I check for mail in a new sub account?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you sign in to your main acct. can you "see" that you have successfully created a subacct. ?

SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Tom,

In answer to your question: no.  When I log into Verizon and go to Mail, I see no indication of a second account.

It would _appear_, however, that I have indeed created one as, when I follow this path:  Mail > Settings > Email Help > Create or Add an Email Sub-Account > Manage Sub-Accounts > Select a Sub-Account to Manage, there is the name of the new account I created.

I am no computer beginner; been at it for over twenty years, and I don't understand why it is so confusing to do at Verizon what is so easy to do at Googe, Yahoo, or Apple.

Thanks for weighing in, Tom.

0 Likes
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Tom,

Since you were kind enough to answer, let me try this question on you just to be sure I am not wasting your/my time.

I am trying to create a sub-account email address for use on those occasions when I am required to provide an email and create a password at sites I may seldom, if ever, return to or sites which may seem dodgy.

I recently saw an offer, on a perfectly respectable site, for free workout suggestions/schedules, and clicked on the link.  They required I provide an email address and that I create a password.

That was the only "new" link I clicked on that day.  The next day, the spam started,  it was like the tide coming in:  as soon as I emptied the spam box, it would fill again, and I found it so annoying that I abandoned the account.

It was my aim, on Verizon, to create a sub-account, give out that address in situations like the above, and if suddenly it became the target of spammers, simply to delete that account and create another sub-account.

Does this make sense to you?

Many thanks

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Speed3

I have created a subacct for exactly that reason.

The Email of that acct is used ONLY when "casual" sites are visited.

Hope the info below works for you ...it does for me.

HOW TO SIG IN TO AN ALREADY ESTABLISHED SUBACCT

https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp

User: ******************

Pwd: ******************

Continue

Goes directly to Email Inbox of Subaccount

https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#mail_Emails_INBOX

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry

Just tried link under ESTABLISHED subaccount

This one now works

https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?goto=https://webmail.verizon.com:443/signin/LdapBind.js...

Have no idea why other did not work 

The one that goes directly to Email Inbox works

SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Tom,

I give up.  Totally.  They win.  I quit.

Example.  You send me a link to Verizon.  I follow the link and log in.  I go back to your email and click on the title of the thread so I can get into the thread and I am asked once again to login and I do so.

I scroll down to your last reply, click on Reply to answer your message and it bounces me out of the Forums to yet another! login page and I have to login again before I could write this reply.

**bleep**!  How many times is one required to log into this bloody site.  

Life's just too short to have to deal with this level of frustration.

What loser designed this site, I wonder?  Lowest bidder, that's for sure.

In any event, Tom, thank you for your time and patience.

0 Likes
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

P.s.  I went and hit the Kudos button for each of your replies.

0 Likes