How do I keep my verizon.net email address if I want to cancel my DSL service
debmc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am still paying $19.99 per month for my Verizon DSL, and I no longer use it.  I have been trying to figure out a way for at least a year to cancel the service but keep my verizon.net email.  One of the problems I have is that my verizon.net email is through verizon yahoo, and I understand I cannot use the verizon my domain feature because of that.  Help, please!  I have done a lot of research, and have called Verizon, have chatted online, but I continue to be led in circles.  I can't imagine why it can't be done!

Re: How do I keep my verizon.net email address if I want to cancel my DSL service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Purchase this: http://www22.verizon.com/home/utilities/domain-name . $19.95 a year buys you the ability to keep your verizon.net e-mail and also keep your websites if you have any. Now, if you have a Yahoo! bundled account with Verizon upon cancelling the service without purchase of the above, your verizon.net e-mail should redirect to a yahoo.com account for a little bit, in addiiton to your Yahoo! account becoming a free Yahoo! account. It will ask you upon logging in to set up something such as a ymail.com or a yahoo.com alias. I can not confirm as to whether or not that will work WITH a Yahoo! account though.

Worst case scenario, unbundle from Yahoo! then get the Verizon MyDomain and then cancel the DSL service.

Re: How do I keep my verizon.net email address if I want to cancel my DSL service
OSPF
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem two years ago.  We moved outside of the DSL service area but wanted to keep our Verizon email address.  We added on to our service a package called Broadband Essentials and Extras.  After its been added to your serice you need to setup a password,  link your email address to it, and there's was one or two other things but I don't remember now what they were.  The CSR was very helpful in walking me through the process.  I think they charge you once a year for the service.  Hope this helps... 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Debmc,

Since we haven't heard back from you if you had gone through the steps to keep your email as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
KingJames88

I know this topic is a little old, however I have the same problem and I am not 100% clear on what to do. I want to cancel my DSL service that I no longer use, as well as my home phone service, and just keep the use of my email address. I go to yahoo.com to access my email, however the address ends in verizon.net. Does this mean I will keep my email address when I cancel the DSL, even if I don't buy the basic email retention? Will it simply revert to a yahoo email address? Or do I first have to buy the email retention first and then cancel the DSL? I'd really appreciate any help, as I'm paying every month for services I no longer use, all in fear of losing my email address.

0 Likes
paramedic13

@debmc wrote:

I am still paying $19.99 per month for my Verizon DSL, and I no longer use it.  I have been trying to figure out a way for at least a year to cancel the service but keep my verizon.net email.  One of the problems I have is that my verizon.net email is through verizon yahoo, and I understand I cannot use the verizon my domain feature because of that.  Help, please!  I have done a lot of research, and have called Verizon, have chatted online, but I continue to be led in circles.  I can't imagine why it can't be done!

ok

0 Likes
paramedic13

yes I would like to keep my verizon email address and cancel my DSL service

0 Likes
MMarcyarjorie

0 Likes