How do I receive my Verizon mail in Microsoft Outlook
Rich_Lehr

I am trying to receive my email directly through Microsoft Outlook without logging into Verizon's website.  I have already tried the method through Verizon in home agent, but it took my info and transferred it to my Verizon account (calendars and address book).  Also Verizon is my main email account if that matters.  Thanks for any input.  Also if anyone could tell me how to make my calendar available to other members please let me know.  I have set it up and put in my contacts email address but they are still not able to see my calendar

Man Indifferent

0 Likes
Re: How do I receive my Verizon mail in Microsoft Outlook
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@Rich_Lehr wrote:

I am trying to receive my email directly through Microsoft Outlook without logging into Verizon's website.  I have already tried the method through Verizon in home agent, but it took my info and transferred it to my Verizon account (calendars and address book).  Also Verizon is my main email account if that matters.  Thanks for any input.  Also if anyone could tell me how to make my calendar available to other members please let me know.  I have set it up and put in my contacts email address but they are still not able to see my calendar

Man Indifferent

Verizon Troubleshooter

Mail server settings

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 incoming.verizon.net
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 outgoing.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Number: 587 Why is this important?
  • Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password

Step-by-Step Instructions.

Select your email software:

0 Likes
Rich_Lehr

I checked all my setting and they are still correct but still can not have my mail download to outlook....i want to just use outlook and not web mail...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what error message are you getting?  

Also when you sign up for verizon, you have the option of choosing yahoo as a portal experience.

that would change your incoming settings.

so try incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net  instead of incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net

see if that helps. 

0 Likes
Rich_Lehr

Thanks for your response.  I am not getting an error message, it is telling me its working properly thats whats so confusing to me.  I can send mail from outlook but i can not receive mail into outlook.  I dont think i signed up for anything with yahoo but its worth a shot.

Thanks again,

Rich

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

so you are simply not receiving mail.  you hit send/receive and nothing comes in.   have you tried sending yourself a test message?

also check your deleted files folder or trash,   see if they are showing up there, or in your spam folder.  you may have inadvertently set up a filter or a rule that is either deleting messages or moving them to folders, other than your inbox.

keep in mind, if you have multiple machines, the messages could be getting eaten by the other machine.   there is an advanced setting that isn't checked by default that says "leave copy of message on server"

if this is not checked, and you have other mail programs either on this machine or on other machines, then they may be capturing the emails before they hit the pc you are having trouble with. 

0 Likes
peppergrinder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if the original poster is still having the problem but this sounds very similar to our problem!  Test emails are clearly coming in to a newly configured Outlook 2010 client but are not visible in any folder.  Performing a search for any emails from the sender of the test message (or text from the subject lines of the test messages) only finds them after clicking the link to search all folders... the test message headers then appear and one can read the body of each test message but its not clear what folder of the Outlook 2010 client they are sitting in!  If one clicks on the "Search Folders" folder in the Outlook 2010 folder tree, once again there is nothing there!

peppergrinder

0 Likes
Rich_Lehr

Hello, No I did not figure out how to receive my messages into outlook.  If I send a test message from outlook, to my Verizon email account.  The only place it shows on my website account and not in my outlook program.  you would think this would be simple but can not figure it out.  I even tried to search folders to see if its getting put into another folder, but its not.

0 Likes
WaltS2

I would like to do this as well.  Currently desk top pc is down (looks like for good). Currently,  I'm using my laptop's windows live mail using a different verizon email address.  I would really like to set up same address as was on desk top pc, on laptop, and not have to go thru verizon web site to view the emails being sent to old desk top pc..

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The instructions have changed slightly since then.  Notably the recommendation to use SSL and SMTP port 465.  Strongly recommended on portable devices such as laptops, phones, etc, since you may be connecting via less secure networks to get your mail.  I think all the posted links and other info is still current.

0 Likes