How do i delete my Verizon.net account?
bg4lsu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand the Verizon.net email account is managed by AOL email servers. What is the procedure for cancelling this account?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do i delete my Verizon.net account?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you established another email service provider ?

Do  you have a Gmail or Outlook way of sending and receiving your emails using the new service provider?

Make sure that you have transferred all your critical info before changing service providers.

0 Likes
bg4lsu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tom,

I do have other email accounts. And, I am in the process of transferring all my critical emails. I am just enquiring to know what the process is to close my Verizon.net account so I can do that once I am ready.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry not TomH, however for Verizon mail like a few other providers you simply remove the account off your computer as to not get that email from that account.

usually after 6 months or so of non use it disables itself.

remove it from any email platform you use. Be it windows machines, iOS or android devices etc. if your not fetching the email then it’s not actually still open but closed.

bg4lsu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Jon. Shouldn't we actually call AOL support to disable the email account?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
bg4lsu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Tom. I'll look into it. Thanks to both of you gentlemen for trying to help me. Much appreciated.

0 Likes