How do i keep email address?
Hawker

I am moving out of my house and out of the Verizon service area and want to keep my email address. My account is still active.  I will pay for it. Can I pay for dial up only or is there another way? My company has  a FIOS account, can I tranfer my email account to our business account? How do i do this? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do i keep email address?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Call Verizon and ask them.  These are peer to peer forums.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

as long as you keep any one service of Verizon's internet service then you can keep your email.  so if you set up a dial up you will keep your email   if you set up Internet security with no fios or dsl then you can keep the email    it might be tough to do because it isn't an easy or standard thing they do, but you really should call in and double check with them. 

Techman28
Master - Level 1

You can keep your verizon.net email account if you are moving or going somewhere that you can't get verizon Verizon Domain this may help you.

0 Likes
Hawker

Thanks for the comments. I have spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Verizon, tranfered 6 times (from support to FIOS to billing). No one seems to be able to help me find a solution. I have been a FIOS customer for 8 years (one of the first in our area), everyone in the various Verizons departments thinks there is a way, but cant tell me how to do it. If someone else has an answer, i would enjoy hearing. Thanks.

0 Likes
donutz28
Enthusiast - Level 3

The email address is lost when your account is closed.

One option is to setup a $25 a month 56k dialup account and have verizon online idscrub/repoint your email address to that account.     Verizonwireless might be able to repoint your email address to your cellphone account too, if you use verizonwireless.

When repoint/idscrubbing,  you keep your email address but all info on the email server is lost.  Use an email client like outlook express, to save all your contacts/emails.....

http://www.verizon.net/pands/dial/

I would definitely setup up the dialup account 1st,  create a generic username/pw so that they could repoint your real email address onto the generic one(which will get deleted).

0 Likes