How do you change an email subaccount to the primary account
Doobie3

My primary email account is only receiving spam mail. I want to change another subaccount to the primary account so I can delete the email account that is all spam.  Can we do that and if so does anyone know where I start.  I am signed into my primary email account but can't find anywhere that I can change the primary account.

0 Likes
Re: How do you change an email subaccount to the primary account
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Doobie,

Your primary email account cannot be changed actually. The only way to make your primary account a different username would be to disconnect the service and reconnect it which would enable you to create a new primary account. This is why you're not seeing an option to delete the primary account or to use a sub account in its place instead. Here's what we would recommend. Make sure that each spam message you receive is marked as spam. Also, if there is a message that has an unsubscribe option, make sure to fill this out as this will remove your email account off of some of the spammers list. Another option would be to block the sender for each spam message that you receive.

Other than this, you could always just use your sub account for email without signing into the primary email account.

We hope that this helps.

CJ

0 Likes
Re: How do you change an email subaccount to the primary account
HJW0001

The 'subject' says it all. Answers are appreciated.

0 Likes