Switch Account

How do you disable email?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How do you disable email?

Message 1 of 3
(667 Views)

I've been getting notification that emails I've sent have been returned by the server since the recipient account doesn't exist. But I didn't send any emails. What's going on here? Is there a way to just deactivate email? I don't wish to send or receive email on my Verizon account. How would I do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: How do you disable email?

Message 2 of 3
(638 Views)

@globie703 wrote:

I've been getting notification that emails I've sent have been returned by the server since the recipient account doesn't exist.

What is happening is that a spammer is using your email address as his return address.

When the spam can't be delivered, you get the bounce notice.

What emial client are you using?  Simply remove Verizon's servers from your email configuration and your email client will no longer retrieve email from your Verizon account.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do you disable email?

Message 3 of 3
(600 Views)

I'm not using a mail client with my Verizon email account. I check my mail on their website.  I haven't given this address to anyone as I don't use it. The only emails I should be receiving on this account are emails from Verizon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.