How does the Spam Detector work?
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to find out the purpose of the Spam Detector to decreate the amount of junk I get.  I have activated the product and spent a good bit of time dumping unwanted mail to Spam.  Yet, even after a week, I am still getting Spam from the same sources I have previously marked as Spam. 

Is the Spam Detector useful for anything?  If so, what is the key to making it a functional tool to keep my inbox clean?

0 Likes
Re: How does the Spam Detector work?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

if your just moving the email to the spam folder it doesn't really do much. you will need to go into the settings and click email settings then go to spam filter, this is the spot where you will set any filters for spam. I would block the email address that is sending the spam and even block the domain if its not one you normally see.

0 Likes
Re: How does the Spam Detector work?
mgarczynski1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just selecting them and pressing the SPAM button.  So essentially that just moves the mail to the Spam Detector folder.

When I select Spam Detector, I only have 2 options, 1 to turn the detector on or off and the other whether I want to save spam in the Spam Detector folder.  There are no spam filters that I see

0 Likes