Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

How to Keep Verizon email address?

Contributor

How to Keep Verizon email address?

Message 1 of 2 (1,826 Views)

I see that Verizon has an option for $20/yr to keep up to 9 email @verizon names.    This is great since I'm switching away from Verizon now, but could switch back when FIOS comes to our area...

however... seems there is a catch-22 in the verizon system.   I can't buy the address I already own.   and once I cancel my vz internet, it could be gone... so how long does verizon retain existing email accounts, so that a customer like me doesn't lose their  email address?

1 REPLY
Gold Contributor VI

Re: How to Keep Verizon email address?

Message 2 of 2 (1,802 Views)

djk_vz wrote:

I see that Verizon has an option for $20/yr to keep up to 9 email @verizon names.    This is great since I'm switching away from Verizon now, but could switch back when FIOS comes to our area...

however... seems there is a catch-22 in the verizon system.   I can't buy the address I already own.   and once I cancel my vz internet, it could be gone... so how long does verizon retain existing email accounts, so that a customer like me doesn't lose their  email address?

You have to link Verizon Your Domain to your existing account before you cancel it.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios