quick menu

How to Keep verizon.net email address if dropping Verizon service

How to Keep verizon.net email address if dropping Verizon service

Scott24
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(19,073 Views)

Is there any way, now that Verizon has discontinued it's "Your Domain" service, to keep my Verizon.net email address if I were to cancel my Verizon Internet service ??

If not - does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to make a change to some other email service so that I won't have to notify a million people of my new email address the next time I change providers ?

8 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI
Message 2 of 9
(19,051 Views)

Scott24 wrote:

Is there any way, now that Verizon has discontinued it's "Your Domain" service, to keep my Verizon.net email address if I were to cancel my Verizon Internet service ??

If not - does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to make a change to some other email service so that I won't have to notify a million people of my new email address the next time I change providers ?

They're dropping the Your Domain service because they are switching to letting you keep your email address (as long as it remains active) when you leave Verizon by default.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Scott24
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(19,045 Views)

So that's in effect now?  ...... and as long as emails keep coming in to my verizon.net email, it stays there with no changes?     ....that's very good news -- thanks for the info!

Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 4 of 9
(18,970 Views)

Scott24 wrote:

So that's in effect now?  ...... and as long as emails keep coming in to my verizon.net email, it stays there with no changes?     ....that's very good news -- thanks for the info!

Expect one change.  They will be moving you to AOL, although allowing you to use the same email name and settings.

Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 9
(18,826 Views)

There is no guarantee that this decision to allow you to keep your verizon.net email address is  permanent. If you don't want your email address to change when you switch your ISP, then i think the easiest way would be to get your email from somewhere else, like gmail or yahoo. What do you think?

forthfan
Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(6,924 Views)

I think I don't want to be spied on by my email provider.

Varg
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 9
(6,916 Views)

Given the change over to AOL, this question needs an updated answer. Forum Moderator please advise.

Question: If a client drops their FIOS service can they retain their email service "user@verizon.net" now that AOL is handling all emails?

Thanks.

Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 8 of 9
(6,851 Views)

AOL emails have been free for a long time.  In fact I suspect it was when they purchasing AOL was when they decided to change the policy to match AOL's.

jaclynpaige1993
Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(5,729 Views)

is AOL part of Verizon now?  Always kind of iffy reputation? Yahoo cancelled account I had there too many hacks Google gets too much into all your business like Windows 10 and Cortana

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios