How to change "Default from Address"
Gary061

I cannot change my "Default from Address" on my fios email account. When I go to settings there is a drop down box with two addresses (my fios account name, and a random generated verizon address)  Those are the only two options and I don't see a way to add another address.....Help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to change "Default from Address"
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Gary06 wrote:

Thank you Justin.

I do use Outlook on my home PC which actually monitors my two verizon email addresses and a Yahoo address, and that works just fine .When traveling I would like to only log in once at the My Verizon website and receive all my emails in one place when Outlook is not available to me.

I don't know how to better describe what I would like to do other than what I wrote in response to SomeGirl, maybe you could take another look at that posting.

In summary, I can forward email from my sub account to my primary account just fine but  I would like email & replies generated in my primary account to show the address of my sub account....maybe this is not possible

For webmail, I think your best bet is going to be to set your Reply To address. Go to Settings > Email Settings > Options. Below the Default From address section there's a field for your Reply To address. Put your sub account email address in there. You can send yourself a test message after setting this to see how it will look to your recipients.

The hardest part about this is that of you want to send as your primary address, you will have to go back into the settings and remove it, then put it back if you want to send as the sub again.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are you wanting to add an alias to your current account, or a completely separate sub account? Or are you just wanting to change your Reply-to address?

Gary061

Thank you SomeGirl for responding!  I'll try to keep the explanation simple:

I have a primary account and a sub account. I want to forward my sub account email to my primary account so I only have one place to check for email especially while traveling. I changed my "settings" to forward the sub and that worked fine. The problem is if I reply to a forwarded email it shows that the reply came from my primary account and I would like it to show my sub account.

I changed the "reply to address" but that didn't seem to do it.  When I tried to change the "default from address" it only gives me two choices, my primary account and the verizon generated account, I cannot add my sub account address to the drop down box. 

Any help you can give me on this will be appreciated.....

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Gary06 wrote:

Gee I thought I was asking other users to help this user but apparently you have already decided that nobody out there has ever had this problem and figured out a way to handle it. I realize you gotta keep these "newbies" in line.......thank you for your help.

Edit: I see that while I was responding you responded to somegirl's post. But I am going to leave my response here because you did exactly what I suggested, provided more information on what you are trying to do.

Somegirl tried to help you, but I don't think any of us understand what you are really asking.

So to give a specific answer to what I think your question is, as far as I know the Verison webmail interface does not provide any ability to add additional email addresses so you can check other email accounts. If you have multiple email accounts, Verizon or other providers, and want to use all of them from one web interface, you probably should use some other tool, such as Gmail. Or of course you can use a client on your computer (a better solution IMO).

Now of course you can define multiple Verizon email accounts (sub-accounts) through My Verizon, but if you want to access one of those accounts you must log in to that specific account.

Did I understand your question correctly? If not, please explain further. Yes, this is the place where users try to help other users, but it is important for you to describe correctly and completely what your question is, what you are trying to do, etc.

Keller, TX 76248

Gary061

Thank you Justin.

I do use Outlook on my home PC which actually monitors my two verizon email addresses and a Yahoo address, and that works just fine .When traveling I would like to only log in once at the My Verizon website and receive all my emails in one place when Outlook is not available to me.

I don't know how to better describe what I would like to do other than what I wrote in response to SomeGirl, maybe you could take another look at that posting.

In summary, I can forward email from my sub account to my primary account just fine but  I would like email & replies generated in my primary account to show the address of my sub account....maybe this is not possible

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Gary06 wrote:

Thank you Justin.

For webmail, I think your best bet is going to be to set your Reply To address. Go to Settings > Email Settings > Options. Below the Default From address section there's a field for your Reply To address. Put your sub account email address in there. You can send yourself a test message after setting this to see how it will look to your recipients.

The hardest part about this is that of you want to send as your primary address, you will have to go back into the settings and remove it, then put it back if you want to send as the sub again.