How to get back my email address
Wendysi

I had Verizon at my house and purchased another house before the old one sold.  I talked to customer service when setting up the service at my new house if I would be able to get my older email transferred over to the new account once the old house sold and was told yes.  So when the time came and I was ready to get my old email address moved over to my new account I was told that wasn't a possibility (seriously?).  They suggested I contact tech support which was a horrible experience as well.  They new nothing and even at one point insisted on signing into my computer because I must be doing something wrong when trying to set it up.  Then a horrible manager came on and told me it couldn't be done and to stop insisting that it happen (yes, and after wasting an hour of my time trying to understand what they were saying, they had no clue and there was no escalation).  There was also a place on your site I was directed to that was supposed to magically make this work but it didn't and after lots of being redirected I gave up.

So is there anybody there who can help me?  I have some accounts that are still pointing to the old account and I can't change them without being able to access my older email account for verification.

0 Likes
Re: How to get back my email address
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wendysi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. For additional assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Wendysi

Hi, yes I was contacted and was told that it would be illegal to get back my original email address that is just all locked up and doing nothing because they would have to delete or scrub all the previous emails (backed up I guess, why?  It hasn't been used for about three years) but if I was willing to pay a yearly fee (for what I was told I could get back with no problems by the original Verizon employee who set up my second house account) then it wouldn't be illegal.  Makes sense right?  Just more run around.  I really expected it though.  I have been receiving the runaround from Verizon concerning this for a while now.   I just needed it back because I have been using the internet for a long time and in order to change some of my online accounts they would need to send a verification to the old email address for security purposes.  

0 Likes