How to reenable an e-mail sub-account?
Grumppa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Respects all; 

I have an e-mail sub-account that when I try to send to it returns a message it is "temporarily disabled"

I deleted the sub-account that had been phished, then found out I needed to get it back.  When I attempted to activate the same name, I got a message the name was not available... between the two messages, this indicates to me that the name is still in the Verizon system.  How can I reenable this account and access to the old e-mails?

Thanks,  Grumppa

0 Likes
Re: How to reenable an e-mail sub-account?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Once an account is deleted, there is no way to gain access to it again. I am sorry for the loss of access as well as the deletion of all the messages in the account. The disclaimer prior to deletion of a sub account states...

Delete a Sub-Account

You are about to delete the following sub-account: <sub username>

If you delete this account you won't be able to create another account with the same name. All files stored in personal Web Space, Verizon Online Backup & Sharing and the associated email account will be deleted.

0 Likes
Grumppa
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, Thanks...for what it is worth Sir, I got the first part of that warning but the second part about deleting all e-mails never showed up.  If it had, I would not have deleted the account without pulling the important content. 

As a less drastic option it would be nice to be able to just deactivate an account that had been hacked by a spammer for awhile.  Think I will offer that as a suggestion.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This should be the message that pops up every time. Is it not?

0 Likes