How to save Verizon.net email
phillyjohn1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon and Happy New Year

I am switching from Verizon to Comcast tomorrow, I was wondering how I can save all my Verizon emails before I switch

Thanking you in advance,

John

Re: How to save Verizon.net email
Tangodown

I have the same / similar question.

Yes I have an Outlook client off loading the inbox, but that doesn't help with the other folders I have saved and necessary emails.

How do I get these SENT BOX, etc. off loaded from the verizon server? 

Thanks

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just tried this with one item in a Folder I had created on VZ and it worked.....Folder item was moved back into INBOX

Based on above this procedure 

1) delete all that you don't want to move FROM YOUR VZ INBOX to your new  account and then move them.

2) delete ALL from your VZ inbox

3) move ALL of ONE of your VZ folders to the Inbox...move them to your new acct .

4) delete ALL from VZ Inbox and repeat with next folder

To speed up the process you can set up your VZ Inbox to DELETE ALL in one click

I would suggest that you try it with one item in a folder to establish YOUR PARTICULAR PROCEDURE.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Tangodown

Thanks-

I don't want to delete them.

I use Outlook Client, it doesn't off load/download the SENT BOX.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

STARTING WITH AN EMPTY VZ INBOX

I JUST MOVED A FILE FROM THE SENT FOLDER INTO THE VZ INBOX

CAN YOU NOW DO WHAT YOU WANT ?

0 Likes
Tangodown

Thanks-

No, not really.

Better worded: I'd like to save the contents of any mailbox into a "SYSTEM" folder - I couild then delete the content of that entire INBOX, SENT, etc. 

My problem is I am running out of Verizon storage space, and I' d like to retain those messages.

Better understood?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Tangodown wrote:

Thanks-

No, not really.

Better worded: I'd like to save the contents of any mailbox into a "SYSTEM" folder - I couild then delete the content of that entire INBOX, SENT, etc. 

My problem is I am running out of Verizon storage space, and I' d like to retain those messages.

Better understood?

Verizon only uses POP3 protocols for downloading mail, and that will only download the inbox.

There is no way to download the messages from your Sent box or other custom folders unless you move them to the inbox and download them from there.

Any POP3 email client can be set up to download the mail. If you need help setting one up, do a search in the forum for the program you would like to use. Odds are, someone has posted the settings for it. 😉

Hope this helps!

0 Likes