Re: How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPad/ iPhone & iPod
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FrankLnc wrote:

Can't contact my verizon email to my ipad, please advise.

What settings are you using?

What error are you getting?

Is this a regular Verizon account or a Verizon/Yahoo account?
Are you able to access the account via webmail?

Are you able to (or have you tried to) access the account via any other email clients?

0 Likes
depagter

here at the Apple store and I and the Apple emplyee verified this works! just add "yahoo" after "incoming" or "outgoing" before .verizon.net so it looks like this:

"incoming.yahoo.verizon.net"

and

"outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net" (under SMTP)

0 Likes
normank

Bumped this instead of starting a new thread since it's basically the same problem.

I just tried adding my Verizon webmail to a new iPad (still on ios5). I can access webmail fine, with the same credentials, through a browser. My iPad settings are:

POP

Incoming Server

Host:

incoming.verizon.net

Use SSL: ON

Server Port: 995

Outgoing Server

SMTP

Primary Server: outgoing.verizon.net

Use SSL: ON

Server Port: 465

I DO NOT get my mail through Yahoo or MSN.

When trying to retrieve email the iPad hangs for a while and then tells me that incoming.verizon.net is not responding, check my account (mail) settings.

Incidentally, I followed the instruction in the repair link that's been posted in various places. It gave me a "Step-By-Step", albeing confusing, series of instructions which I followed.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
thomasfm

Did you ever get this resolved? I am interested in doing the same thing.

0 Likes
normank

I did, but it was a while ago.

I saw a post on another forum that suggested, when entering the User Name in the Incoming Mail Server settings, you omit the "@verizon.net". It worked for me.

0 Likes
Re: How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPhone & iPad
JWAinLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

In response to the new settings required for Verizon email accounts I called into Verizon and was told that they do not support the new setup on these devices. So I called into Apple and they talked me through. The problem is that the default settings for Pop accounts will no longer work once the old settings are transitioned full time by Verizon to the new settings. So here is the work around:

1. Delete all of your Verizon accounts on your Apple devices and start again. 

2. In settings go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select

3. Click on Add account

4. Click Other

5. Click Add Mail Account

6. Type in your Name, e-mail address, the WRONG password, and your nickname for the account under description. It will take a few moments to verify but it will get you where you need to go to manually input the settings.

7. By typing in the wrong password it takes you into the manual settings and you can change the incoming to pop and the outgoing to smtp. But here is the trick. Under user name you must type the full e-mail address on both lines that it asks for the user name. And after you change the incoming and outgoing lines you must also, of course, now put in your correct password. 

8. It will take a few minutes to verify but it will now take the new settings. 

Do this for each account. If you go into advanced you will see that the new ports are automatically correct, as in the instructions sent by Verizon or listed under the Verizon announcements in the I Want To / Check Verizon Announcements post on 1/29/13. You can also adjust here when you want your deleted emails automatically removed.

Note: Verizon tech support does not have these instructions. They came directly from Apple Tech Support. If you go to the Apple Webiste, and need free tech support you can also register for a call, and under the expemptions box just check off that you have recently updated your software, and they will give you free tech support. Also a good thing to know.

Hope this helps out some other frustrated Verizon customers. 

Brad1976
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I have an iPhone 4S, and just had to change to the new Verizon.net email settings that were issued this afternoon -- at least that's when I received them.  I updated the incoming and outgoing email settings, SSL was already enabled, and changed the ports.  Did not work: "The Mail Server "pop.server.net" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account information in Mail Settings.  I did, and even rebooted the phone.  Same results.  On another post I saw that someone had used their full email address for the User Name.  With the old settings, just the portion of the email address before "@verizon.net" worked.  I figured I'd try using the full email address, rebooted, and the mail started pouring in.

So recapping the full set-up (with maybe more detail than most use; I rarely change these settings, so I need to capture as much detail for myself as possible; sorry if it is too much for others):

Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Accounts = Verizon Mail

Account = On

POP Account Information

Name = <just your name as you want it displayed>

Email = <your full email address>

Description = Verizon

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name = pop.verizon.net

User Name = <your full email address>

Password = <your password>

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP = smtp.verizon.net

-- then select that entry, and

SMTP

Primary Server

smtp.verizon.net = On

-- then select that

Outgoing Mail Server

Host Name = smtp.verizon.net

User Name = <your full email address>

Password = <your password>

Use SSL = On

Authentication = Password (before I didn't have Password selected; did it with this change)

Server Port = 465

-- then hit Done (upper right), and on next screen Verizon on upper left

-- near the bottom of the screen -- select Advanced

Deleted Messages

Remove = <your personal preference for this option>

Incoming Settings

Use SSL = On

Authentication = Password

Delete from server = <your personal preference for this option>

Server Port = 995

S/MIME

S/MIME = Off

-- then select Verizon (upper eft)

-- then select Done (upper right)

-- then select Settings (upper left)

-- then escape out of settings

Hope it works for you!

Brad

Re: How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPhone & iPad
Brad1976
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I had come across your post before attempting the changes.  In despration while on hold, I finally put in my full email address for the User Name.  Next time I'll read through a thread a bit further!

0 Likes
kbn2

Brad1976, I was getting seriously frustrated with updating these email settings with the iPhone4S.  Thanks for taking the time to list out every step, the only difference I could see was setting the password authentication.  Maybe there was something else, but whatever it was, email is pouring in now.  I don't usually post on forums, in this case had to say thanks and let anyone else know they can just follow your step by step and it should fix this problem.

0 Likes
mfbarton1951

Brad1976 directions are perfect for my Ipad! The only thing I want to add (EMPHASIZE) is to be sure you REBOOT your device. The changed settings will not work otherwise.

0 Likes