How to stop Verizon from treating non-spam e-mail as spam?
MacMan

I subscribe to New Scientist magazine.  Along with this is the option to get a weekly e-newsletter from them.

I had set this up over two years ago, and I was successfully receiving these weekly e-newsletters.

All of a sudden, after the 9 Jan 2014 e-newsletter issue, I stopped receiving them.

I've been in contact with New Scientist, who assures me my account is properly configured to continue recieving these newsletters, and I have verified that my Verizon account is set up to accept these e-mails in the "Safe Senders" list.

But I still no longer receive these e-mails.

Has Verizon inadvertently added "newscientisit.com" as a source of spam?  If so, please correct this error.

I'm posting this here since I have not found a way to directly contact "support" with an e-mail.

0 Likes
Re: How to stop Verizon from treating non-spam e-mail as spam?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you have the Verizon spam filter set?  Make sure you set it to save spam in a folder rather than deleting it.

Check that folder.  IF the newsletter is going there you can write a rule to allow a copy to be sent to you EVEN if the newsletter is still considered spam.  You should also mark the newsletter as not spam, and hopefully they will update it to stop flagging it.

bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
MacMan

I had the spam filter turned on and set to store them in the spam folder.

But I just discovered that Verizon automatically deletes mail from that folder after 4 days, so I just turned off the spam filter.

The e-newsletter is sent weekly, so not enough time has gone by yet to see if this latest change makes any difference.

0 Likes