Hundreds of E-mail are being Sent without my knowledge.
Bedfordite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hundreds of e-mail messages are being sent from my account without my knowledge. 

Verizon is doing nothing.  I have complained 3 times.

0 Likes
Re: Hundreds of E-mail ... Sent without my knowledge - Details Needed
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Bedfordite wrote:

Hundreds of e-mail messages are being sent from my account without my knowledge. 

Unless you provide specific details about this issue, none of your fellow users here will be able to offer useful suggestions.  E.g., are you referring to VZ webmail?  Do you use a standalone email client?  If so, which one?  Do you have a related Yahoo account?  When did this start?  Have you run any security software such as an anti-virus program, malware detector, etc.?

This list is long, but unless you begin by providing useful information on your own system, it's pointless for the volunteers here to speculate on what ails you.

0 Likes
Re: Hundreds of E-mail are being Sent without my knowledge.
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

HELPFUL INFORMATION WHEN YOU POST

It would be very helpful to try and answer any questions you have if you add some information to your profile.

You need to do this only once and it will be available to all each time you post on any VZ Forum

AFTER YOU SIGN IN...GO TO

My Settings

Personal Information

Signature...This is a good place to add what equipment,software and services you have

Location ... County and State....some of the answers might depend on what area you live in.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN SHARING WITH THE VZ COMMUNITY

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

In additon to making sure they are not being sent from your web account or via your device, please note.

IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO PRETEND THEY ARE YOU, without them ever having accesss to your account/devices or even being connected to a Verizon server.  Its the unfortunate current nature of emails that there is no positive identification of a messages source.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

In additon to making sure they are not being sent from your web account or via your device, please note.

IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO PRETEND THEY ARE YOU, without them ever having accesss to your account/devices or even being connected to a Verizon server.  Its the unfortunate current nature of emails that there is no positive identification of a messages source.

...but checking the raw message header can sometime provide information.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Bedfordite wrote:

To the OP, are you seeing these messages in your outbox?  If so, it's probable that your account has been hacked.  You should immediately change your password.  If you're not using a long, complex password, it's a fairly easy matter for a hacker to get your password.

0 Likes