Re: I Am Unable to Access My Verizon Yahoo Emails
verizonmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try resetting password to something completely new and ONLY with letters/numbers (no special characters). That did the trick for me!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nova1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bh10,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
dwdrkd

verizonmojo,

The PW change you refered to was for your "My Verizon" logon ....? And that PW change allowed you to access your Verizon-Yahoo mail box..?

Thanks..

0 Likes
NordicSkier

I too have been unable to access my Verizon Yahoo emails.  After Yahoo had its big data breach, Verizon agent recommended that i use webmail.verizon.net to logon and that worked fine for quite some time.  As others in the thread have stated, I received prompts to change My Verizon pwd and did.  After that, the only way I found I could log into my email was using Chrome Incognito browser making me think there was something going on with cache.  Nonetheless, it worked so I used it.  Several weeks ago that stopped working but I did find a link at the bottome of My Verizon page that said "Check Email" so I tried that and it worked up until several days ago.  Now I am completely unable to access my Verizon Email despite repeated attempts, the "Check Email" link no longer appears at the bottom of My Verizon page, and although I chatted with Verizon Help two days ago I am 'still' unable to login and access my email with is a big problem at this point.  The Agent I chatted with said that the login problem I was experiencing was known and should be resolved by yesterday afternoon.  I tried several times last night with no success.  HELP!

0 Likes
verizonmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct  -- I was having the same issue as many here.  I could log in to Verizon.com but could not access email at Yahoo (which always worked before).  This all started when I change my password a week+ ago.  Even though Verizon allows special characters, Yahoo doesn't (or there's a temp issue with them).

So once I re-changed my password to ONLY letters/numbers, I've been able to login on both Yahoo and Verizon with the same pw.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NordicSkier,

0 Likes
bh102
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you verizonmojo!  I changed my password to only letters and numbers and I can now see my emails.

0 Likes
anon538
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently everybody is happy with the fix of removing special characters from your password. Do you realize that that weakens your password, for a primary email account, with a carrier that has recently had a massive security breach? Verizon should not have removed its "check email" service until it had resolved this problem with Yahoo--which Verizon now owns.

I have not been able to access my email now for days, and the only way I can do so is to essentially open it up to hackers.

This is what you get when your country does nothing to break up monopolies.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi anon538,

0 Likes