Re: Migration to AOL Mail - what about Verizon-Yahoo?
Wawaweewah1
Enthusiast - Level 2

grimeskm2

Are you still having problems accessing your e-mail?  I've had my case open since 12/18/17 and it's still not resolved. 

0 Likes
Nova11

Yes, I'm still having problems.  The only thing they told me was to use a password w/out special characters.  However, I never get the chance to enter my password on the yahoo site.  After I enter my e-mail it directs me to the verizon page.  

0 Likes
Re: I Am Unable to Access My Verizon Yahoo Emails
Kerroj

This is ridiculous!  The 1st person that posted this issue on this thread posted it on 10/25/17!  And still no solution?!  I am having the same issue along with countless others (google it!) Over 2 months and still waiting?!  I had a Verizon rep trying to get me to pay $99.99 to bump this up to "tech support" and she said it was estimated that it would take 60-90 minutes to correct the issue!  WHY should I or others have to pay Verizon to fix THEIR issue?!  The problem is not with user computers or equipment!  This issue lies squarely on Verizon's website and software!  I can't even verify my new email address with them for communication, it either doesn't process or I get an error message.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kerroj,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions previously posted here. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
Chrispy2

Over on Reddit I notice that this same bug has been affecting some Yahoo Fantasy Football users.

Any business journalists? I think there's an interesting story of oligarchic abuse of power here. For example, note this intriguing post over in the Yahoo Forums:

Scootermobile
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Need ADMIN help: Yahoo redirects to Verizon

@sperringm

@Allison_77

Even though Yahoo manages the email, the account itself is owned by Verizon. Due to contractual agreements, we're unable to provide support for these issues. If you contact Verizon, have them escalate the issue to our team here and we'll be able to help. You may need to speak with a supervisor here to ensure this happens.

0 Likes
Re: I Am Unable to Access My Yahoo Emails (Old Linked Verizon Email(
rajeshkumardave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I used to have my Yahoo mail account linked to my Verizon Internet account, but no longer have Verizon. My accounts are still "linked," when I try to sign into Yahoo. Also, it has always shown up as Verizon/Yahoo in my e-mail account ever since the accounts were originally linked. I don't know why the two accounts were never "unlinked." My Yahoo account is now locked, and when I try to sign it, it tells me that I should click a button that says "unlock and change password." Clicking this button takes me directly to the Verizon website.

Now I am lucked out for last 10 days to resolve the issue and I am not able access my 15 year old yahoo account , because 8 years back I made a stupid mistake to link my yahoo account with verizon.net account

I login using my old username, have changed my Verizon password, and see no way to unlink my account from Yahoo. Yahoo help has told me to contact Verizon, and this is my attempt at getting online help. This site is not user-friendly for my purposes, and would greatly appreciate a solution, so I can access my e-mail that I use for everything.

0 Likes
Re: I Am Unable to Access My Yahoo Emails (Old Linked Verizon Email(
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rajeshkumardave,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

run2day

I agree, this is very frustrating.  I was able to finally access email when I changed the password on Verizon.net (not Verizon/Yahoo) to have no special characters.

0 Likes
migerra

Did anyone get a resolution? I cannot access my email either and I was told today there was nothing Verizon can do. I told him I can cancel my internet service with Verizon and go to a carrier who can help with issues. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! He informed me it isn’t their fault and that I need to understand he did the best he could. 

0 Likes
Rushina

I reset my verizon password a few days ago, and now I cannot get into yahoo mail. I tried to reset the yahoo mail password. It redirects me to the Verizon site to reset password, but again when I use this new password to login on yahoo mail it does not work. I am able to use the password to login into Verizon site but not to yahoo mail.

0 Likes