Re: I Am Unable to Access My Verizon Yahoo Emails
reevo11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reset my verizon password a few days ago, and now I cannot get into yahoo mail. I tried to reset the yahoo mail password. It redirects me to the Verizon site to reset password, but again when I use this new password to login on yahoo mail it does not work. I am able to use the password to login into Verizon site but not to yahoo mail.

0 Likes
Drippy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had trouble signing into Verizon/Yahoo mail last weekend. I followed the steps to change my password. I received a half dozen messages that I had changed the password. The password will not get me into Verizon/Yahoo mail account today. When I try to find out why through Yahoo, I am redirected to Verizon and information that they do not support email. Verizon says ask Yahoo. Yahoo sends me to Verizon. The operator at Verizon told me to find the Yahoo phone number. **bleep**?

Wawaweewah1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem has been going on for me since 12/15/17 and the only response I keep getting is Yahoo is working on this, over and over and over again.  I can't believe this is something that can't be fixed by now. 

When this e-mail access problem initially happened I couldn't get my Amtrak e-ticket for my trip from NY to Philadelphia which was e-mailed to my Verizon / Yahoo e-mail account.  I almost missed the train because of this and if I did, I would have needed to wait  until the following day to get the next train.  Fortunately an Amtrak customer service agent was able to help me in time.

0 Likes
Kerroj

Good luck with ANYONE at Verizon giving you help.  I have been waiting since DECEMBER 2017 FOR THEM TO FIX THIS!!!!  All they EVER do is say it's been escalated to a Verizon agent and they give no viable SOLUTIONS!!  I had the agent I spoke to wanting me to PAY THEM $99 to boot this up to tech support to fix this when THE ISSUE ON THEIR END WITH THEIR SOFTWARE!!!  I want NOTHING EVER to do with Verizon EVER AGAIN!!  I had my Yahoo email account FOR YEARS ever since I first owned a Windows 95 computer!!  I have lost all my valuable emails and information thanks to the incompetant Verizon and Yahoo staff which doesn't give a crap and has apparently no knowledge how to fix THEIR PROBLEM!!!  I have contacted Yahoo also and they just refer me to Verizon and I've had Verizson refer me to Yahoo (which they now own by the way.)  Google this issue and you will find there are THOUSANDS of people with the same problem dating back YEARS ago and still NO SOLUTION!!  VERIZON & YAHOO ARE COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

0 Likes
bubby1132

i cant sign into yahoo redirects me too verizon.com

0 Likes
Re: Locked Out of Yahoo email
Wandaslim64

I have a new phone and can’t get my email set up for my yahoo mail and it’s very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Locked Out of Yahoo email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It normally is very straight foward. 

See https://help.yahoo.com/kb/verizon/SLN4724.html

1. Make sure you are using userid@verizon.net
  2. The password rules at yahoo are a bit different.  Recently many have had to change their password to match those rules.
  3. Under some caes you will have to contact Verizon if you account gets locked and you find yourself being send back from Yahoo to a Verizon page.  Note these forums are peer to peer and not the best way to opean a contact to Verizn.
0 Likes
Alan_s2

I haven't been able to access my Verizon/Yahoo email on my computer for months now. I have tried many times and constantly get redirected to the Verizon.com website log in. I also had an alias for my Verizon.net email and it has been shut down (you get an undeliverable email address reply). Luckily my primary email remains logged into the account on my iphone's mail app so I am able to get emails on my primary account (the alias doesn't work at all, not sure what I may not be receiving there). I have called Verizon who acknowledged Yahoo is having a problem but they couldn't do anything to resolve it. I contacted Yahoo and they refered me to Verizon. I'm very frustrated and wished that Verizon and Yahoo could get together to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Magmom3

I was unable to access my Yahoo Verizon email.  At the urging of the Verizon Representatives I spoke with, I reset my verizon password a few days ago, and now I cannot get into yahoo mail. I tried to reset the yahoo mail password. It redirects me to the Verizon site to reset password, but again when I use this new password to login on yahoo mail it does not work. I am able to use the password to login into Verizon site but not to yahoo mail.  Help....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Magmom3wrote:

I was unable to access my Yahoo Verizon email.  At the urging of the Verizon Representatives I spoke with, I reset my verizon password a few days ago, and now I cannot get into yahoo mail. I tried to reset the yahoo mail password. It redirects me to the Verizon site to reset password, but again when I use this new password to login on yahoo mail it does not work. I am able to use the password to login into Verizon site but not to yahoo mail.  Help....

Be careful with selecting a password with special characters.  I haven't looked them up put apparently the password rules for Yahoo and Verizon are different and so you need to obey both sets of rules when selecting a password.

0 Likes