I am really upset at verizon for blocking port 25
Howard3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very upset at verizon blocking port 25 :(....

Now I can't send mail through email accounts that I have. (only support 25 for SMTP because they are normal)

!!!_)*_)*!_)*!_)*!+_(!+_+$+$(_&*_+!*#!

That is what I have to say about it.

There should be a law against a utility turning off a standard service. It is like the electric company all the sudden deciding they will only send DC. Now my appliances don't work.

0 Likes
Re: I am really upset at verizon for blocking port 25
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Howard3 wrote:

I am very upset at verizon blocking port 25 :(....

Now I can't send mail through email accounts that I have. (only support 25 for SMTP because they are normal)

!!!_)*_)*!_)*!_)*!+_(!+_+$+$(_&*_+!*#!

That is what I have to say about it.

There should be a law against a utility turning off a standard service. It is like the electric company all the sudden deciding they will only send DC. Now my appliances don't work.

All you need to do is to change the outgoing server on your non verizon accounts to

outgoing.verizon.net

Check the authentication box and enter your verizon mail userid and password under setting and in the advanced tab make the port 587

You've wasted more time in compiling the complaint than it would take you to fix the issue.

Re: I am really upset at verizon for blocking port 25
BobbyJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it really is a pain. Fortunately I learned how to set up SMTP before they blocked it, but now I can't send email from my Linux server: I can only receive it. At least port 80 is working for me now (as it was blocked when I got FiOS).

0 Likes