I am switching internet carrier and want to keep verizon.net for say 30 days.
mrhersh

So what is the cost or plan to do that can verizon simply forward to my new email any messages that come in for 30 days and what is the cost?

0 Likes
Re: I am switching internet carrier and want to keep verizon.net for say 30 days.
jonjones1
Legend

@mrhersh wrote:

So what is the cost or plan to do that can verizon simply forward to my new email any messages that come in for 30 days and what is the cost?

Verizon now uses yahoo for mail. What I would do is simply set up a forward to another free internet based email. This way you will still have email services.

many times ISPs will not delete your email account, or not for 6 months to a year or more. My friend still gets his roadrunner email sent to his gmail account.

how and why you got me.

try it.

0 Likes
Re: I am switching internet carrier and want to keep verizon.net for say 30 days.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, unless you were using Yahoo/Verizon email, they have switched everyone to AOL.  And you can keep those accounts as long as you access them to access/look for new mail at least some time in about 6 months. (180 days).

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

Actually, unless you were using Yahoo/Verizon email, they have switched everyone to AOL.  And you can keep those accounts as long as you access them to access/look for new mail at least some time in about 6 months. (180 days).

Yep that 180 is 6 months. I was aware of the AOL and Yahoo purchase by Verizon.

i have multiple accounts on both services. But they are mostly used as spam/scammer traps. I just logged into my old roadrunner email via the web, it’s been over a year and it’s still going strong. Amazing.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

@tns2 wrote:

i have multiple accounts on both services. But they are mostly used as spam/scammer traps. I just logged into my old roadrunner email via the web, it’s been over a year and it’s still going strong. Amazing.

You never have to use the Website to access the Aol or Yahoo email.  Many people use only their phone apps to access email.  Spam problems are a different issue.  I had two verizon emails.  My old one had tons of caught spam, the newer, now AOL, email has less that a dozen uncaught spam in 5 years. YMMV

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2 wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

@tns2 wrote:

You never have to use the Website to access the Aol or Yahoo email.  Many people use only their phone apps to access email.  Spam problems are a different issue.  I had two verizon emails.  My old one had tons of caught spam, the newer, now AOL, email has less that a dozen uncaught spam in 5 years. YMMV

That is how I normally get my email on my devices. Not via web. For the old roadrunner email I did not want to set it up on my phones and tablets again since I quit them over a year ago.

0 Likes