I cannot block an e-mail address
webmail-user
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone is sending spam using the e-mail address of one of my contacts and it goes to the SpamDetector folder. I entered the contact's e-mail address in the Email Settings/Blocking/Blocked Senders list and made sure the "Delete the email from the Blocked Senders list" option was selected, then clicked on "Save". I am still getting more spam even though the exact e-mail address the sender is using is in my Blocked Senders list. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Re: I cannot block an e-mail address
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

It's possible that the email address you're seeing the message originating from is "spoofed". In other words the email may appear to come from somebody@aol.com, but in reality it comes from somebody@aol.net for example. The best way to test this is to setup another email address, using hotmail or yahoo or similar and see if you're able to block emails from that address. There are no known issues relating to the ability to block emails using the Verizon webmail. If you have any other questions, or want to discuss specifics, feel free to PM me. You can also reply back to this thread as well. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: I cannot block an e-mail address
webmail-user
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. Here's a little more: after confirming with my contact that someone was indeed sending spam using their e-mail address, I also blocked their address in a yahoo account and I was able to block the spam.

0 Likes