I hate this new email...How do I go back?
martypdji
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded my email because verizon made me do it, there was no button to keep existing account format, just a bunch of buttons to click to upgrade to the new email format and I had to do it to view my email.  So I go from the old format of the message being displayed in the entire screen to the new improved view of the message displayed in a box about the size of 1/8 of the screen, and I have to squint and scroll down to read the entire message because the whole thing wouldn't fit in the window.  And all my messages are like that, it now takes me 4 or 5 times as long to read my email.  I want to go back to the way it used to be a few days ago........HOW DO I???

0 Likes
Re: I hate this new email...How do I go back?
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

In my new email page I can go back to the classic or old email page (by clicking on classic email at the top of the email page) and neither one seem smaller in size than the other. Is this something new that I haven't gotten yet. I'm not a brand new customer of Verizon Fios or Verizon email.

Holly

martypdji
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a big problem!  I see a lot of messages here saying that to go back to the old email, in the upper right corner click "go to classic view".  MY SCREEN DOESN'T HAVE THIS!  I've seen it replied in other messages that if you click that, it will go back to the old style of email, which is what I want to do.  Problem is, in the upper right hand corner it says "HELP - FEEDBACK - SEARCH MESSAGE CENTER".  There is no "go to classic email".  And this is the case in both Internet Explorer 8.0 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5, and I'm running Windows XP.  I'm perplexed, this isn't a program, just a page in the browser.  Why wouldn't this show up in the page, and how can I get it to?

0 Likes
martypdji
Enthusiast - Level 3

This sucks, I used the contact verizon button, and used the "talk to a live representative" button.  This is part of the conversation I had with them:

Amtoz(18:37:33): I would like to inform you that Verizon has upgraded its e-mail to new Verizon 2.0 Webmail and has disabled all the old format, I apologize that we won't be able to switch your e-mail to the old format. There used to be a button to switch back to old format, however this button has now been removed from there.  {edited for privacy}18:39:18): Why did they do that??? And why when I go into the forums, they tell me to click that, if it doesn't exist anymore? {edited for privacy}(18:41:23): Can I get that button back? (I really like the old email, and I really, really hate this new one. Amtoz(18:41:48): The forums have information about the old formats, now they do not have the back or switch buttons. J{edited for privacy}(18:43:18): What if I really hate this new email format? How can I switch back to the old style? Amtoz(18:44:23): I really apologize, however there is no way to switch your e-mail to the old format. You can give it a try by using the link : http://netservices.verizon.net/ to access your e-mails. (by the way, this didn't work).  

That's bad news for me.  Is anyone who still has the old email, is it still in that format?

0 Likes
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some of my accounts are still in the old format.  Big problem is the main one has been changed against my will, to the bug filled new email.

So the facts are:

1) They lie.

2) We have no choice in our service, they will probably change these that are still original and lock us out when they feel like screwing over more of us at their whim.

3) Verizon is becoming "Big Brother" we get what's "best for us", regardless of what we want or think.

So: DON'T GIVE UP, CALL SUPPORT EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Do you guys really not have the Go To Classic View ?

I have that today ? 

no problems using it to go back and forth?  

Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
martypdji
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's weird, I went to both links and didn't have the classic view on either one, just the new email that I hate.  The one link was a bit different than the other one, but when I clicked on a message, it opened it up in the new email window that I hate.  I do see a button to click to open email up in a new tab, which is a little bigger than the standard view, but I have to click that button for each email that I click on, and it's still not as big as the old email.  That sucks, I really liked the old email alot lot better.  Where on the email window was the link to revert to classic view?

Or at least, how do I set the email up to automatically open each message up in a new tab each time (and not have to click on the "open in new tab" button each time)

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

The only other thing I can think of for your problem would be to make sure you haven't by accident changed the zoom level of your page from 100% tto a smaller %. Go to the bottom of your computer screen, down by the volume and clock on the right hand side of the screen and make sure it says 100%. If not 100% click on it and make it 100%.

Holly

NORMANF

0 Likes