Re: I hate this new email...How do I go back?
KattsToy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon does not confer with any of its paying internet users.  What might be good for the management is not necessarily good for the email participant.  Do I have to move to another WEB to find easier email communication?

sandyctoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absoutely HATE THE NEW EMAIL format  It is very USER UNFRIENDLY and wastes a lt of my time because it is so inefficent. 

1 - It frequenty stalls out when I try & delete an email.

2 - I miss the button that was at the upper right that you could click to advance to the next page/screen of the list of emails.

3 - When I sort the list of emails by "sender" & try to read them one by one deleting as I go, the system goes thru the sorted list for 2 emails and then it reverts to the original list (sorted by date) when it brings up the next email.  I never had this problem with the old system, which would take me thru the sorted list until I got to the end.

4 - Everything is a different shade of gray, making things difficult to read, especially the headers of the emails that have already been opened.

5 - I never had trouble reading emails with the old system, but now the font is too small.  i've tried changing the font type & point sizes under "settings" , but it doesn't seem to help.

6 - The window is way too small when reading opened emails.  It's about 25% of of the size it used to be.

I resent being forced to switch to the new email system, which is inferior to the old system in 99% of the aspects.  If it ain't broke broke, don't fix it.   I want my old email back!  I hate the new system so much I am ready to switch back to AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: I hate this new email...How do I go back? I
PhilipSidel

I, too, hate the new "web-based" email for a couple of reasons:

1) when I click on the 'select all" box at the top of my inbox list, it selects all the messages in my inbox, not just the messages listed on my screen.  .  Typically, I want to select for deletion most of the NEW messages, but not the old saved messages. - I have one or two screens-ful of new messages.  Now I have to mark each of the ones I want deleted instead of marking the screenfull, then unmarking the few I want to keep.  Inconvenient!

2) worse, When I delete a bunch of messages that are listed on my screen - the renewed screen shows some of the messages I deleted and does not show some of the messages that I did not delete.  If I click on and "delete" one of the already deleted, I get the message that the system cannot access the message - "perhaps because it has been deleted."  A phone call to verizon technical help gave me a workaround - I must click on the "refresh" button, and the corrected list shows up on my screen.  What an unsettling inconvenience.  The tech agent on the phone told me there was no way to revert back to the old email system. He said he was recording my comments on his report.  Hopefully verizon will resolve these deficiencies, but I am not holding my breath.

0 Likes
rockcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon seems to have removed the "Go To Classic View" tab if you have been using the new format for any length of time. However, you CAN simulate the function of that missing button and revert to the Classic View (despite what Verizon Customer Support reps might tell you) simply by following these very simple instructions:

Login to your account and go to your inbox view. In the address bar at the top of your screen, type the following EXACTLY as I have typed it here:

http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCOptOut?src=vmc

Click ENTER to the right of the address bar (or press the ENTER key on your keyboard).

(this command basically tells the system that you are Opting Out of the new view)

That's it!  Your account should now be reverted back to the Classic View.

Enjoy!

bfrederi1
Enthusiast - Level 3

rockcat,

THANK YOU! Your URL was posted over on another thread, and it allowed me to finally switch back into plain text mode and unsubscribe from a listserv that I haven't needed for months.

Kudos awarded.

eearellano

I tried this but it is not working for me, did verizon blocked this also?

0 Likes
neen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rockcat:   I can't believe it.  This worked.  What do I do next in order to keep this active.  Will this version of email appear when I signon tomorrow?  I don't trust anything anymore to work the next time, so I'm going to be really nervous about sigiing off.  I can't believe that you did this.  What a relief.  Thank you.

Aileen.

chickrun

I AGEE...I can't find my folders because they are hidden behind the other items on the left of the page. 

Can't find a way to go back to old style email. 

The search doesn't work.  I've tried to search for items in my sent messages and they say "no messages found".  I know they are in there because I can LOOK in the sent folder, but they won't show up when I search.  I've asked everyone to use my gmail address because verizon is too frustrating.  Besides Verizon doesn't get back to me no matter how many times I contact them.  I've even tried the live chat and no one shows up.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@chickrun wrote:

I AGEE...I can't find my folders because they are hidden behind the other items on the left of the page

Can't find a way to go back to old style email. 

The search doesn't work.  I've tried to search for items in my sent messages and they say "no messages found".  I know they are in there because I can LOOK in the sent folder, but they won't show up when I search.  I've asked everyone to use my gmail address because verizon is too frustrating.  Besides Verizon doesn't get back to me no matter how many times I contact them.  I've even tried the live chat and no one shows up.

I would love to help you, but I don't understand your comment about the folders being hidden behind other items. Here is what I see (this is just an email address I use for testing):

You don't see a scroll bar for the folders like I do? Can you possibly create a screen image of the left side and post it somewhere with a link so we can see what you are seeing?

As I said, I would like to help, and I am sure others would too. But I just don't understand what it is you are seeing (or really I guess not seeing.....).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
bfrederi1
Enthusiast - Level 3

neen, it doesn't look like rockcat has been back, so I'll answer your question: just make a bookmark with that URL, and use that to access your Verizon web mail. If you ever accidentally switch to the new web mail, and want to switch back, use that bookmark.

At least it works for now...

0 Likes