IMPORTANT CHANGES TO VERIZON EMAIL ACCOUNT
meskridge427

I made the changes sent in message for email on my iPhone 4.  Now I'm not getting my emails.  What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: IMPORTANT CHANGES TO VERIZON EMAIL ACCOUNT
thisstinks2

Yeah, me too. Just what we need. 

0 Likes
mynfel

Same here. The devices I've updated get no email with the new settings. The ones I've left alone are fine.

0 Likes
hpowders
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's why I didn't attempt it. I was afraid of that happening. When my email stops completely without my doing anything, then I will call Verizon support and let them guide me through the steps I need to undertake. If it gets screwed up, I will simply close down my 2 verizon.net email accounts. Plenty of other trouble free choices out there.

0 Likes
cbum1

I just assumed it was a phishing scam.  I'm with hpowders....wait till it stops working and let Verizon Cust Support help you out.  I'm telling you.....feels like a scam to me.

0 Likes
vinnie
Enthusiast - Level 3

You got further than me; when I went to change the outgoing server on my iPad, I entered all the changes and clicked done but it never "Verified" the server. I ended up quitting the Settings app in the multitask bar which reverted my settings back.

I agree with the other guy who said he'll just wait until his email stops working then call support.

0 Likes
Walker18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also tried to change the settings on my computer and iPad - Mail Disappeared!! don't want to do that again.

0 Likes
wik1955

I have Outlook 2013 and changed my settings and the same thing happened - couldn't send or receive emails.  After re-reading the email it only applies to OutlookExpress; MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail.  If you are not using these programs then you don't need to make the changes.

0 Likes
suppportnotgood

I too received the email to change the email settings.  Good Doo-bee that I am,  I did so.  And the changes need to be done on ALL email programs including Apple.  Eventually if the settings are not changed, your program will not work.

Now the Apple email program no longer can send emails out.  After 2 hours of trying, I phoned Verizon.  The agent was very nice, did everything he could, looked up all he could, outsourced to another.  Still cannot send emails.  Conclusion: it's a problem with Apple software.  Contact Apple.  I explained that I don't buy that excuse since it only happened after I made the changes.  Still the agent insist, it's a software problem with Apple.  The end.  So now, in order to send email, I must go on line to the web-based email.  And we all know what a joy - NOT - that program is to work with.

0 Likes
Walker18
Enthusiast - Level 2

GOOD NEWS!!

I have MAC appliances and was able to install the updates but had to do several things to make it work (that i hadn't done before):

make all the requested changes to server names and PORT settings (on the Macs you have to follow the Advanced tabs to do that)

Follow the sub instructions:

• Depending on your email application, you may need to disable/turn off Secure Password Authentication and, if applicable, make sure your Authentication method is set to “Password” or “Normal password.” In addition, you may need to reboot/restart your device for these new settings to take effect and for your email to continue working properly.

I had to check Password several times - both the incoming and outgoing are checked.

had to change the server ports for both.

Make sure you have up to date passwords entered.

Had to enable SSL.

MOST importantly: had to restart the device to make it work!!

then mail showed up!