IPHONE Question for Verizon.net email
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I recently upgraded my work phone to an IPHONE.  Its configured with my work (exchange) email and my verizon.net email.

If I read the Verizon.net email on the IPHONE and then delete the mail, that message will show up on my desktop email when I open outlook.  is there a way when I delete the mail from the Iphone it will also delete it from the server at the same time so it does not appear on my desktop?  

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: IPHONE Question for Verizon.net email
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings -> Mail, Contact, Calendars -> (The Mail Account You Configured) -> Advanced (Scroll Down) -> Delete from Server -> When removed from Inbox

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Unless I'm doing something wrong I did that before and the setting for that doesn't stay.  I made the change, sent myself an email and then deleted it.  Then I logged into web mail and it was still there.  When I went back to the iphone settings, it was back to never.  Because its set for POP, can this not be done?  Do I have my email settings set incorrectly?

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't say why the setting didn't stick for you ... but it works for me.   This setting is the necessary value to tell the iPhone to actively delete the message from the server when you delete it from the phone.  Remember that you need to re-poll for mail after doing a delete to make the phone do the update with the server.