ISP blocking?
shcpa1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today i cannot access my verizon.net email from my house. I use a local austin tx area ISP for my house internet because we live out in the country. 

When i try to get my verizon email   through Outlook 2013, it will give me error messages that it cannot conect to my outgoing email server, message here:

Task.......@verizon.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

So i have contacted Verizon twice today, with no helpful assistance. I also contact my local ISP, who said there was no issue on their side. I also contact my office tech support who could not solve the issue. We have checked all the pop3 email settings, both verizon service tech and my tech guy, and nothing seems to fix it other than tethering my cell phone. 

When i switch off my local ISP and use another service (iphone tether) I am able to get my verizon email into Outlook 2013. 

Would Verizon have blacklisted my local ISP? 

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes