If you are having issues with verizon.yahoo password errors
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

try adding the @verizon.net to your username. I just had my username without this and it had been working fine but then yesterday stopped working. I tried everything including changing the password and nothing worked so I tried adding the @verizon.net to the username in my outlook settings and it started working.

Re: If you are having issues with verizon.yahoo password errors
ostad

Worked for me too (thunderbird client with verizon.yahoo).  Thanks

0 Likes
bnest

Thank You. I have been looking at the same issue for the last hour or so. This seems to have worked.

0 Likes
Toasties
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me too, thanks! What a major pain  this verizon yahoo junk is, so tired of all the problems.

0 Likes
w5kcm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me..Thanks for posting this solution.

Also using Thunderbird and Yahoo/Verizon... 🙂

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please see the announcement concerning changes to the Yahoo Portal here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/YAHOO-PORTAL-CHANGE/m-p/752929

0 Likes
RettaJ

Thank you.  This corrected my problem with receiving verizon email.

0 Likes
PaulPiusC

Thank you so much for this info. I had the same problem and went to verizon support to check my settings. This is the setting for user name currently on their support page, Account Name/Login Name: Your Verizon Yahoo Mail ID (your email address without the "@verizon.net" domain, for example, "jo.bloggs"). Verizon is the worst when it comes to support. No doubt they will make another change in a few months and not tell anyone. You would think Verizon could email its customers in advance of any changes. Maybe they tried but no one told them about the change and they still can't send emails!

0 Likes
waynehoboken

cannot log in to my verizon/yahoo email account from my yahoo home page. after days of calls and hours on the phone, i was told verizon and yahoo servers are not talking to each other, verizon cannot help, yahoo doesn't answer my requests for help, so, yahoo is no longer my home page and when logging into my emial from verizon, my sessions end constantly and i have to log on again. they are no help. Ive had the same email address for many yrs and changing it by switching to gmail (so i can import my verizon/yahoo emails), is simply a huge undertaking and pain in the **bleep**, notifying hundreds of contacts of the change. And to top it all off my verizon bill went up again by 7 dollars with no explanation. I'm on month to month and will be canceling fios, cell and the home phone im forced to pay 30 dollars a monthe for so i can get the package price, but I DON'T HAVE A HOME PHONE!!!! considering keeping internet only because of the email address, but if i decide to take on the trouble of changing my email address, i'll be rid of verizon forever. btw, the landline that im forced to pay 30 dollars a month  for does not exist where there was sandy damage and the network had to be rebuilt sans landlines. what kind of packege do those folks get? sorry to say, verizon has become the worst provier out there. I was told by a customer service person i know that verizon will not be servicing the copper landlines, but they will charge 30 dollars a month for as long as they can get away with it. 

0 Likes