Switch Account

Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account

Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account

Contributor tinarh1
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,091 Views)

Okay, I know we were instructed to make these changes quite a while ago.  Immediately when instructed, I changed the "incoming" setting to "pop.verizon.net" as well as the port to 995 on my Apple e-mail account.  (I did this under "Mail," "Preferences," "Account Settings"--and the port number was found under "Advanced.")  

I didn't change the outgoing pop setting at the time because, although I could find the area to input that information, I couldn't find a separate place to enter the port number 465 for outgoing mail.  After making the changes the mail worked fine.

With the most recent notification, I receive incoming mail with no problem, but, if I attempt to "send" an e-mail, I'm prompted for my password.  When I enter it--it tells me the password is "invalid" (however, I'm entering the proper password).  So, of course, I tried updating the proper outgoing setting to "smtp.verizon.net."  However, now when I attempt to send a message, the hourglass/wheel just whirls and whirls and the message never completes take off.

Does anyone know where to find the second port number for outgoing mail, so that I might try to update that?  Please offer any other suggestions that you think might help.  THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(1,041 Views)
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 3 of 4
(1,014 Views)

This attachment might also help you "see" how to do it

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Copper Contributor mugrug
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(852 Views)

Does your Apple e-mail account settings for outgoing mail have an edit button? If so click on it. You can change your port number from there.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.