Importing email Via POP to Verizon web email
Petexxxxx
I just tried to set up a friend's verizon email to go to another email account (outside verizon) and import emails from there.

I am pretty sure I did everything correctly but the emails are not coming
across.  It also told me it was set up correctly.

I clicked on a link on the lower and got a window to select from a whole
mess (yahoo, aol,....).  I had to select Other.  I provided the email
address, password, pop server.  It said all was set up.

But none of the new emails in that account come over to the verizon email.  I have set up accounts on Roadrunner, gmail, hotmail, Outlook, and Outlook express to access this same server. 

I was pretty sure it wouldn't work because the verizon set up process didn't give me places to specify SSL, "Server requires Authentication" etc.

How can I get this set up correctly?

Also, is there a way to set up imap?

Thanks

Pete
0 Likes
Re: Importing email Via POP to Verizon web email
Techman28
Master - Level 1

pop.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

check My server requires Authentication then click settings then click advanced tab and smtp port 465 and incoming port 995 with ssl checked in both boxes

0 Likes
PeteCal
I think we are talking about opposites.  I want verizon to go to another server and get the emails from there.

The server names are not .verizon.net.  I need to use the names of the other server.

Also, when I clicked the import link on the lower left of the settings page I didn't see any Authentication click box.  Just three steps and it says it worked but it didn't.

I can't retry any of this because I was helping a friend at his house and he won't be home for a while.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok so you want to export from verizon to another mail provider.......I'm a little sketchy on this but if the info is in a mail client you'd be able to export the .csv file that is created from outlook...you can't export from verizon unless your using something like trueswitch.

if you are talking about bringin emails to verizon then trueswitch.com/verizon is what you want

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Petexxxxx wrote:
... tried to set up a friend's verizon email to go to another email account (outside verizon) and import emails from there. ... the emails are not coming across ... none of the new emails in that account come over to the verizon email.  I have set up accounts on Roadrunner, gmail, hotmail, Outlook, and Outlook express to access this same server. ... How can I get this set up correctly? ... Also, is there a way to set up imap? ...

It sounds as though you are trying to "add an account" to VZ webmail, and that's not going to work.  This function is not supported as it is in, for example, Google or Outlook.com.  Instead you must use any suitable email client that allows as many accounts as you need (including of course VZ mail servers).  Also, VZ doesn't support Imap.

Petexxxxx

Techman,

No, I want to import, not export.

armond_in_nj,

You are right, I want to "add an account".

The person I am trying to help isn't to 'puter savy.  I guess he will just have to keep logging into two different hosts to read his two different accounts.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Simply stated.  Not Possible.  Best you could do is send copies of all your mail to yourself.

0 Likes