Impossible Whitelisting
jmcgrath3

We recently moved our mail server to a new ip and that ip had been blacklisted in the past.

We have been cleared on all reporting agencies mxtools, etc.

Verizon is the only site that has not cleared us. I have submitted the online form many timesat http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp  but we keep getting the same automated response.

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

We are an ASP that provides scheduling services and our customers rely on emails that our system generates for appointment confirmations, reminders, etc. As of now, any customer of theirs with a Verizon.net email address is not receiving these.

We have taken all appropriate actions/measures to insure that there are no spam issues and our  IP is not dynamically assigned.

We are a legitimate business (not a spammer) and need to be able to continue providing excellent service to our customers by sending appointment related email to their customers.

What are the next steps. Our business is being effected significantly by Verizon's approach.

0 Likes
Re: Impossible Whitelisting
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jmcgrath wrote:

We recently moved our mail server to a new ip and that ip had been blacklisted in the past.

We have been cleared on all reporting agencies mxtools, etc.

Verizon is the only site that has not cleared us. I have submitted the online form many timesat http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp  but we keep getting the same automated response.

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

We are an ASP that provides scheduling services and our customers rely on emails that our system generates for appointment confirmations, reminders, etc. As of now, any customer of theirs with a Verizon.net email address is not receiving these.

We have taken all appropriate actions/measures to insure that there are no spam issues and our  IP is not dynamically assigned.

We are a legitimate business (not a spammer) and need to be able to continue providing excellent service to our customers by sending appointment related email to their customers.

What are the next steps. Our business is being effected significantly by Verizon's approach.

Looking at this from Verizon's perspective, they have blacklisted an IP address for valid reasons (prior spam).  So now you say you have the IP address, and you're not the bad guys that used to spam from it.  Really?  How can you prove this to them?  They apparently had a valid reason to black list the IP.  What is there reason to remove it from the list other than what you tell them?  No offense, but everybody says everything on the Internet.  (Now don't take offense from my comments.  They're not directed at your company, but rather at the reality of how companies lie all the time.)

You should get a different IP address from your ISP.  If they are providing an IP that was used by known spammers, I think this is a poor business practice because it causes issues like yours.

That said, it's possible Verizon may try to work with you directly to solve your problem.  Apparently you haven't yet provided them with the information they need or taken steps they feel comfortable with to correct the issue.  Can't you get a new IP from your provider?

0 Likes
jmcgrath3

I agree that people lie but we ( this IP) have been cleared on every blacklist known to man yet Verizon won't even speak with us, we just get the automated reply.

Getting a new IP is an option but we would like it to be the last option if possible so that we have no more downtime.

I hate spam just as much as the next guy, I would just like more than an automated reply regarding the situation.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmcgrath,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jmcgrath3

Thanks for the quick response

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we were able to get the whitelist issue taken care of. If you ever need anything feel free to make a new thread.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes