Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
LuminusTim
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I've been doing this same process as @NoDoze since monday. He had his issue resolved within 24 hours. I'm nearing 48 hours.

Cool.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

LuminusTim,

Sorry we could not be of more assistance. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions. Your Private Support Case is now closed.

-Jose_VZ

0 Likes
LuminusTim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want (and others likely want) a phone number. This online forum stuff is garbage.

I've provided clean IP and nameserver reports.

0 Likes
LuminusTim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't even get a detailed report of why, just some generic reason. I can't go to any upstream with some generic reason for other peoples IPs affecting mine.

0 Likes
EricVis

excatly same issue here... automated response from verizon spam issue or dynamic IP - both wrong

I have confirmed no spam issue, not blacklisted, we have 24/7 email activity monitoring (tcpdump, maillog monitoring and logging)

I have confirmed statically assigned dedicated IP to our server

what next?

0 Likes
vzterrible1

How long does it take Verizon to respond to whitelisting? I've used the whitelisting web form over a 2 week period and have yet to receive a response. Does Verizon also mark this as spam internally? Are they really this incompetent and blocking SMTP servers that are clearly not spam? Do they have one person in Malaysia working the issue?

PS: Thank you for sending the SPAM Verizon Welcome Kit when I specifically stated do not send me email when registering for this account to post.

0 Likes
LuminusTim
Enthusiast - Level 1

@EricVis and @vzterrible don't expect responses from the form. It's my understanding and experience now that they do not respond to it.

Additionally the only two ways I've found to talk to anyone about this are here on this forum, which failed and I was still denied whitelist after proving my IP was clean. And Twitter, where after posting a screenshot of my private messages with the Support here, they brilliantly suggestsed I use the Whitelist form as some canned response.

I've yet to be given any human contact to resolve this issue and furthermore haven't received any valid details as to why we are not whitelisted despite being a clean IP.

I was given a generic response that "other IPs in our range are affected" with acknowledgement that mine was not one of them. Naturally, they didn't tell me what IPs. So I have no information for my upstream and the upstream naturally can't find a way to get a hold of anyone either.

It's a broken and incredibly flawed system from a company of the same values.

Simply put they are inconsiderate id!ots.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi EricVis,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vzterrible,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Vzterrible,

We haven't heard back from you in a few days and so we're going to go ahead & close the private support case.  If you still need assistance, please go ahead and create a new post.

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes