Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
JamesOakley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

The outgoing IP address for a server I administer is also being blocked by Verizon's incoming mail server. I've checked and double-checked for any evidence of outgoing spam, including detailed checks on messages that were sent to Verizon addresses. I'm absolutely convinced that there is no spam leaving the server.

I've completed the whitelist form a few times, and heard nothing back. I actually suspect that there is an IP address in the same subnet as mine, but assigned to a different server, and the whole subnet has been blocked. I can't confirm that, as I get no feedback when I complete the whitelist form. But if that is the case, I'd like to apply to have my single IP address whitelisted, so that I'm not penalised for my neighbour's bad behaviour.

Please can a member of Verizon staff reach out to me, so that I can give you the information you need to help me with this. I'm hoping that we can either get the IP whitelisted, or that you'll be able to give me some concrete evidence of spam from my exact IP so that I can solve the issue or deal with the end-user responsible.

Thanks

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

JamesOakley,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

blaineus

I am also having the issue where my domain is being blocked.  I have time-sensitive information to send to a small number of customers who are on verizon.net e-mail addresses.  The reply to my form submission tells me that my domain is not blocked, however when I try to re-send the e-mails they are being bounced back again with same message.  Please contact me immediately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi blaineus,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
AuntieCC

Thank goodness I found your post.  I have been tearing my hair out all day because I can no longer email a long time contact who has a Verizon email account, even though I have been emailing him regularly for the past several weeks.  Nothing on my end has changed, so it has to be Verizon!  My business email which I have had for over 11 years is being rejected by Verizon as spam.  I don't spam, my host doesn't spam, and I just need to get my work done!@??!  The notification I received is below:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail1a.dns-solutions.net.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

{edited for privacy}:

Connected to {edited for privacy} but greeting failed.

Remote host said: 571 Email from {edited for privacy} is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 140428"

I, too, tried to go to the "whitelist" to request removal of the block and I'm in a endless runaround.  BTW - the link to the whitelist above doesn't even work.  Please help, Verizon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AuntieCC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Tegran

Hello, I'm also having the same problem with my whitelist request for my dedicated server being rejected even though the server has never sent any spam.

Running a check against the Multi-RBL lists at http://www.anti-abuse.org shows that the server is not blacklisted on any known RBLs.

I would be very grateful if somebody could assist me with having my server whitelisted.

Many Thanks,

Tegran.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 
Since we have not heard back from you, we will be closing out this support case. If you have any additional questions please feel free to create a new thread, and we will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
rinni1

Hi:

I would like to request a few IPs to be whitelisted.  Can I submit a support ticket?

Thanks!

0 Likes