Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
planoali

Hi LawrenceC,

One of our clients tried to send an email to a couple of his friends that had @verizon email addresses and he got a email back stating to fill out the whitelist form. We filled out the form and got this response:

"After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate."

We don't have a dynamic IP on our servers and we don't spam anyone. We are a marketing firm and are very knowledable of all spam laws and policies so we closely monitor everything getting sent out.

Thank You

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi planoali,

Thank you for your reply. Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Planoali,

We never heard back from you on this issue, if you have any questions please make a new post.

Josh B

0 Likes
Bulletpig

Same as most of the people here.

I have filled out the whitelist form several times and all I received is the email that says:

"

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security

http://www2.verizon.net/policies

abuse@verizon.net

"

What do I need to do to get our IP address cleared with verizon?

Thanks!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Bulletpig,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Bulletpig,

We're glad we were able to get everything sorted out. We have closed out your private thread. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

if verizon would fix the spam detector so it is effective LawrenceC you would not have this silly whitelist issue.

Lisanti07028

Please add me to the whitelist problem list.

I am a residential customer, and have had my email forwarded from a web-based email service to my Verizon email for the several years that we have had Verizon, and had no problems until early May 2014, when some of the forwarded mail started getting bounced back.. The notice said that the IP was on the anti-spam list, and to fill out the form at Verizon White LIst.

Well, I've done it twice, and neither I nor the email service have been contacted by Verizon, even though the automated replay said that Verizon would contact us.

The IP address cited in the notice is NOT the IP address of the email service, and I cannot figure out why Verizon would think so, as the cited IP does not appear in any of the headers.  Could someone PLEASE take a look at this and unblock my email? It's not the end of the world, but jeez, it's a pain in the neck. 

Anyone who can help. let me know what other information you need to solve this mess. Thank you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! As this time we will now be closing this case. We hope the solution we provided resolved your issue. Let us know if you need anything else as we are here 24/7.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
Lisanti07028

Mitchell-

I hope that your reply is not intended for me, as my emails are still being returned, and I have received no answer to my requests to Verizon Whitelies (I have now contacted them three times). Can someone at Verizon please look into this?

0 Likes