Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
relik1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a dedicated server with LiquidWeb. I recently tried sending an e-mail to a Verizon customer and got a bounce back message stating my server's IP was blocked for spam. The server is secure and has not been used for spam. LiquidWeb has confirmed this with their own scans.

It seems to be virtually impossible to get the block removed. I have filled out the whitelist form here:

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/RequestForm.aspx?id=isp

All it does is send me an apparent automated e-mail stating 

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: 

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Again, my host has confirmed the server is secure and has no spam issues. The IP is also not dynamic. I'm certainly not using the server for spam and do not even use it for any type of mailing lists.  The e-mail from Verizon further states once the issues are addressed to contact Verizon Online Security via this form. I am not sure what "this form" is, as there is no link, and filling out the whitelist form again continues to send the same apparent automated response. 

The funny thing is that these automated e-mails I receive from Verizon are scored as spam by my server. Every verizon.net e-mail blocks my server and bounces, including abuse@verizon.net and whitelist@verizon.net. I can not find a contact for Verizon Online Security anywhere, and the only other contact forms I can find require me to be a Verizon customer, thus my reason for posting here. 

Further, I have checked various blacklists to see if my server is blocked by them, including using mxtoolbox.com and dnsbl.info, and it's not listed in any of them. I don't believe I've ever even e-mailed anyone using Verizon until my attempt today, which immediately bounced.

Why the block and how do I contact Verizon Online Security to have it whitelisted?

Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
NoDoze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the EXACT same problem...!

Did you find any solution???

VERIZON SUCKS!

NoDoze
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL!

As soon as I register on the forums and post a comment, what do I get in my email box?

Verizon Community Starter Kit

They SPAM me...!!!

What's also funny is that the email address I registered for the forums is on the domain IP that is blacklisted...!?!

Doesn't make any sense! I recieve email from verizon, but I can't send them email!?!

They SPAM me...!!!

LOL!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NoDoze,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
NoDoze
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I can not find a contact for Verizon Online Security anywhere, and the only other contact forms I can find require me to be a Verizon customer, thus my reason for posting here. "

Did you even read the post? We are not customers.

The best answer I could find is:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/FiosInternet/Email/Blocked+Email/QuestionsOne/...

Which again leads you to:

http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/

Which sends you an emial stating:

"you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form"

However, THERE IS NO LINK TO ANOTHER FORM...!

It's a endless, useless LOOP!

That leaves this Forum the only means to 'wave our hands in the air' to let others know how rediculous Verizon service is!

So, can you refer me to an email address or phone number to contact in regards to this...???

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NoDoze,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

NoDoze

Glad we were able to work with you in getting this issue resolved regarding your ability to stay in contact with our customers. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask us through here.

- Jon

0 Likes
LuminusTim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon_Support I'm having this same issue and after submitting all the server information twice within a month on the Whitelist page we still haven't received a response.

I've got multiple clients who send emails to verizon.net customers and they cannot get responses because of a faulty spam block by Verizon.

http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results/?host=denali.polymorphic.net

How it even got on this block list is beyond me.

Please direct message me ASAP.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LuminusTim,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

**bleep**@no doze verizon spammed you

0 Likes