In box always loaded with spam!!
gomez821
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tired of getting mostly spam emails daily. I mark them as spam, but coninue to get the same messages again and again! Please help!!!

Re: In box always loaded with spam!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the overloading of spam. You can get more information on how to reduce, prevent, and what to do when you get spam

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/DialUp/Troubleshooting/Email/QuestionsOne/85333.htm

Zemo

I too have been inundated with loads of spam on my Verizon email accounts.  Spam Detector does NOTHING.  I just got off the phone from verizon customer support.  Basically the gentleman told me is that there is nothing they can do.   I have been a verizon customer for years and found that they have the worst email system ever.  A simple program like Thunderbird can recognize junk mail but verizon's netmail can not.   With the spam detector always on,  I mark the email as spam and the next day I get email from the same exact email address.

Spam Dectector is worthless and we are stuck with it.  A company as big as verizon should be able figure out how to make it work when other companies already have.

Good Luck

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

My account does seem to filter most spam (about 8 messages a day go to my spam folder), but I am surprised that recently I keep getting many of the same spam emails over and over again.

I diligently forwarded them to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net for about a month, but that didn't seem to make any difference so I quit bothering.

0 Likes
Zemo

When I spoke to the Verizon Customer Service man yesterday, he said that nobody had heard about that "spamdetector.notcaught" email.   When I explained that it is on the verizon support page he inquired for quite a while and came back to tell me that it is old technology from early days of verizon email and that it does NOTHING.  Funny that it is still on the support page.  I tried it for a few days.  It does NOTHING.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Zemo wrote:

When I spoke to the Verizon Customer Service man yesterday, he said that nobody had heard about that "spamdetector.notcaught" email.   When I explained that it is on the verizon support page he inquired for quite a while and came back to tell me that it is old technology from early days of verizon email and that it does NOTHING.  Funny that it is still on the support page.  I tried it for a few days.  It does NOTHING.

The antispam service is run by another company hired by Verizon.

0 Likes