Incoming.verizon.net not responding
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

I had updated my settings some time ago and this morning I'm not getting emails with Outlook 2010 or my iPhone. The incoming port is set to 995 and SSL is checked. Any help is appreciated.

Outgoing mail works fine on both devices.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Incoming.verizon.net not responding
daibread

Same here,

I carefully changed the set up as directed by Verizon. Now my outlook will not download my e mail from the server, although it has done a couple of times - though not yet today....

Come omn Verizon sort it out!

0 Likes
GCMeade

Same problem here.  It started last evening (7:30-8:00 PM EST, 1/5/2012).  I am used to this kind of  "improvement" from Microsoft, but I would have thought that Verizon IT engineers would have it together . . .

0 Likes
barb571
Enthusiast - Level 1

Changed the ports # this morning.  Tested and it came back as error.  Changed back to old settings, and it works fine.

SoniaKutzCo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  The one computer in my office receiving email is the only one where the settings weren't updated to the new port.

0 Likes
dabceb1125
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto.... Outbound may not be working either. As a test I sent messages to work account, neither were receieved.

Ironically, if I send from web mailbox, messages are sent and received. Verizon's issue......

0 Likes
Aquia33

Same issue here in Fredericksburg, Va area.

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you all. Just changed my port back to 110 and turned SSL off for Outlook and iPhone. All is good.

0 Likes
Larry_from_VA

Same here in Northern Virginia, Can't receive any email with the settings Verizon wants us to use. Problem started late last night. Why doesn't Verizon at least post something on their homepage tghat they are having issues and an ETA when it will be fixed?????

0 Likes
wjr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too set my incoming port back to the original and things are working again.  Thanks Verizon @#!%*#.  Things had been working fine with the new port and SSL for weeks.  How do you let things like this happen?

0 Likes