Re: Incoming.verizon.net not responding
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Excellent question.

0 Likes
cindyp3

Same in Princess Anne, MD. Changed back to no SSL and defaults. All is well.

0 Likes
alan241

Everything appears to be back up and working normally (9AM EST) on both my and my wife's verizon e-mail accounts using the new settings. 

0 Likes
ehay2k

So very sad. I just called Verizon and they said it is a "Microsoft outage" and that users of "Microsoft Outlook" pop3 clients were affected. I told the "support" lady that the issue was their servers, not with Microsoft, but she held her ground. When I told here I was using non-Microsoft clients, including an Android phone on the VZW network, then she said "Oh", and backed down. But then said I could just access my email using the phone's browser!  What a tool.

I asked for a workaround, and she had nothing to offer. So, insead of telling people they screwed up their SSL implementation (or perhaps the Chinese did so they could force VZ to go back to clear text to better monitor our e-mails!) , they blame Microsoft?  Maybe they should look at their own forums, because the answer is right here: change the port back to 110

Inane!  #verizon #**bleep** #outage #email

0 Likes
emyrv

Same here in Massachusetts this morning. I made the new settings at least a couple of weeks ago and all has worked fine until this morning. Changing incoming port back to 110 didn't help. On the web I can see that I have several messages, but I can't get them today from Thunderbird. I hope they fix it soon.

0 Likes
pexelva

I have been having the same issue. Changed to defaults and all my accounts are working.  I had changed the settings several weeks ago and they worked fine up until yesterday so I ask the same question, how can Verizon make changes that do not work?  Where are the change checks and balances?

0 Likes
emyrv

They seem to have fixed it now (9:15 am eastern), but of course not notified us that there was a problem at all.

Mine now works again using port 995, but it wouldn't using port 110 even when 995 didn't work.

0 Likes
zoey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Obviously Microsoft snuck into your computer and changed Outlook! 

When I stopped getting mail yesterday, I went into each account and double-checked I had the right settings (I did) and suddenly everything worked.  Until this morning.  Didn't feel like doing this again, so I came to this community forum.  Everyone who went back to the old settings were happy.  I tried them and they worked!

So, until Microsoft sneaks back into your computer (that is, Verizon gets its act together), go back to your original settings.  When, and if, they stop working, THEN consider using the new Verizon settings.

Or maybe Microsoft will sue Verizon for libel and you can pick up a few dollars as a witness.

0 Likes
platypie
Enthusiast - Level 1

...Received the changover message from Verizon last night.  I changed my account settings on my ipod Touch and Outlook 2010, and except for a few hiccups at first, everything was working fine when I was done.  This morning I have found I am unable to receive e-mail on either client.  I rechecked and played around with the settings for a little while to fix it - even lengthening the timeout settings - to no avail.  I then changed the settings back to the original default (no SSL, 110, 25) and everything is working fine.  Unbelievable time waster!  I have more important things to worry about, Verizon.  Get it right!  Good thing I had not yet gotten around to changing the settings on my wife's Android.  I'd be in deep @%$!*%.

--Jeff

Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
peteh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I posted elsewhere on these forums looking for an answer, It's not just Outlook and Microsoft. I use Netscape, and others use Eudora with the same issue. However, I switxched back to 110/25 and it still stops after Connecting to Verizon.

I have been using Netscape 7. something with no trouble up to this point. After changing the settings to the SSL I get to the "Connecting to Verizon" message but not the "Sending username and password". It just dies. I switched it back to the default 110 and 25 and no SSL and now it's still not working. I even tried the above settings that the fella that called the helpdesk got. No dice. So I downloaded Thunderbird and copied over one of my profiles and it still won't work. I'd hate to have to try Outlook for this. Not sure what to do if I put it back to default and it still won't connect to Verizon

What to do I don't know.

0 Likes