Incompetent Verizon Rep. Wiped Out 4 years of My Archived E-mail
AdrienneJenkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a long time Verizon customer. My e-mail stopped working with my Mac Mail. An incompetent Verizon rep. requested screen assist and then proceeded to muck about and wipe out 30,000+ archived e-mails WITHOUT my permission.

I'm soooooooo upset. The supervisor/manager tried to deflect that it was never their fault in the first place with the transcript clearly doesn't mesh with what went down.

I called back to get assistance with the original issue. Another tech rep. tried to help. No success then he simply transferred me to Apple Support and then dropped off the line. Apple could not fix the issue. It is clearly a Verizon issue because I was able to start a G-mail account and get e-mails working fine on my MacMail.

I need help.

1) How to get Verizon e-mail working again in MacMail

2) E-mail address to contact Verizon Customer Support so then can change their tech procedures.

Bad tech support should not be allowed where careless reps can wipe out valuable information on a client's hard drive.

I am livid and so upset. I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.

0 Likes
Re: Incompetent Verizon Rep. Wiped Out 4 years of My Archived E-mail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AdrienneJenkins,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes