Re: Internet Security Warning - The Server you are connected to is using security certificate that..
tea4one

I am trying to fix the problem....so far without success. And I thought this WAS contacting Verizon, no? I expected that the people here would have about  the same if not greater capabilities then Verizon Tech support....maybe thats incorrect. The problem appears to be related to the way Verizon interacts with non-verizon mail servers. I may be forced to use another method of accessing my non-verizon emails, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Warning - The Server you are connected to is using security certificate that..
dwgriffi2

Been having the same problem on 2009 MacBook Pro for a month.  Today it just started on my 2011 MBP.  All have always been fine.  Settings have always worked previously on the respective laptops.

0 Likes
TerribleTerry2
I got that message on my iPad 2 yesterday and clicked "no" since I have never seen such a warning before on Verizon and decided to play it safe. Now I cannot send from my verizon account. I checked the settings and configuration looks correct. I can still send mail from my verizon account using my Mac. I am thinking that I should delete the account on my iPad and then reestablish it. I doubt that will fix the problem but I will ignore the warning this time. Then I will have an annoyance but not a show stopper. Suggestions anybody?
0 Likes
Beelzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  It  appears that the certificate itself is invalid.  The "Key Usage" field with the value "Digital Signature, Key Encipherment (a0)" appears to be the issue.

0 Likes
tea4one

Can you elaborate on this? Have you contacted Verizon Yech Support? I am getting tired of this problem!!

0 Likes