Inundated w Junk Mail-Verizon sell email address
cduffer2
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG! I am so tired of this! Since I have had this account (2008) it has NOT stopped. DAILY, I MEAN DAILY....I receive at least 25-30 junk sales e-mails that I never signed up for nor requested. Very few people have been given this e-mail address, yet BAM! Everyday I spend time deleting, unsubscribing to something I didn't subscribe to in the first place. Shame on me if I don't check it for say a week or more!

It's flat ridiculous VERIZON!

Verizon's 'Spam Detector'.......that's a joke! Doesn't work or detect crap, because same e-mails are right back next day! I will not stop until this is addressed. This is my third time inquiring, notifying, requesting assistance, etc, and I HAVE NEVER BEEN CONTACTED, either to solve problem, change e-mails address, reason for 'Spam Detector' failure or otherwise. This is totally bad business. I'll ask it once more as well......ARE YOU ALL SELLING YOUR CUSTOMER E-MAIL ADDRESSES? I hate to go through the changing over process, but my home phone is no longer really needed, can get better internet, and well the e-mail thing..........sucks!    

VERY VERY UNHAPPY VERIZON CUSTOMER! MAKE IT STOP!

Re: Inundated w Junk Mail-Verizon sell email address
tns
Master - Level 2

1.  Never unsubscribe to spam.  It will guarantee that someone will forward your email address to other spamers

2.  Forward your spam , I suggest as attachments, to

Yes Verizon's Spam detector could do better.

Re: Inundated w Junk Mail-Verizon sell email address
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I have a test @verizon.net address that I only use for personal testing, so NO ONE has it but me. It has not gotten any spam, despite being active for a few years. Spam Detector is active, but set to filter spam to a folder. I don't get any on that address.

No, Verizon is not selling the addresses. The services you are using it to sign up for are, and/or your friends/family are CCing the world and forwarding stuff on to strangers. The other possibility is dictionary spam, but odds are low if you're getting that many.