Iphone stopped receiving emails from verizon; error message wrongly says username and PW incorrect
elena105
Yesterday (10/21/13) my iphone 3 stopped receiving emails from my verizon account and error message says "the user name or password for verizon in incorrect," even though I know the user name and password are correct and I am receiving emails from verizon on my ipad and I mac. In addition, after I "reset." the phone by pressing the "home" and "off" buttons together until the apple logo appeared, I lost all of the emails that were on the iphone's mailboxes. What is wrong and how do I fix it?
0 Likes
Re: Iphone stopped receiving emails from verizon; error message wrongly says username and PW incorre
rentedmule

I'm having the same issues with my iphone.  Two days ago, I suddenly was unable to receive emails, yet I am able to send mail.

Strangely, I'm having no email problems on my ipad, with the same settings.

0 Likes
Re: Iphone stopped receiving emails from verizon; error message wrongly says username and PW incorre
downey5

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4s.  Can't get an answer. What gives?

0 Likes
downey5

I have not been able to fix this or get an answer from tech support when I called but a workaround (and this may have already occured to you) is to go to the app store and download the Verizon FIOS app and get your email through there. It's a little bit of a PITA but at least I'm not missing emails. I really hope they fix this problem though.

0 Likes
Woodthrushy
Enthusiast - Level 1
I had the same error message and could send but not receive email on my i Pad this week. I just deleted my verizon email account from the device and re- entered it and now it works again. Doing this you loose the emails saved on the device but thankfully I have them downloaded on my PC.
0 Likes
downey5

Thank you! This worked for my iphone 4s. Weird that the info is the exact same that I had in there originally.

0 Likes
elena105

Here is the solution given to me by a very helpful Verizon phone agent.  Go to your Verizon mail account under settings.  Under Incoming Mail server, change host name to pop.verizon.net.

Under Outgoing Mail Server, change host name to smtp.verizon.net.

Make sure Use SSL is on for Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers.

She said the above is the solution that has worked for most people who are having trouble receiving and or sending Verizon emails from their Iphones since Monday October 21.  She said that if this solution did not work, it is then an Apple problem and I would then need to go to Apple's email client support for troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages (for MAC in my case).  After writing down all of the passwords and configurations for verizon email currently on my phone, including the new host names above, I ended up deactiving my verizon email account and then reimputing all of the passwords, configurations, ... .  It worked!  My verizon email was back and running.

0 Likes
JudyBird1

I had te same problem with my Iphone 4s & based on the advice posted here i changed my incoming and outgoing host emails & when that didn't work I deleted the mail account & added it again & doublechecked password & user ID.  Now when I try to get mail from my Iphone it shows that it's connecting but nothing happens & when i try to send mail from my iphone it says my user name/password are incorrect for smtp.verizonet.net.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!. 

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Search. iOS 8 issues with email
See message 6 attachment.
0 Likes
Anonim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out this is a known, but unresolved problem with Apple. Call Verizon tech support (*611) and ask to be put on the fix notification list. 

0 Likes