Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Is SMPT Mail down? "can't connect to incoming.verizon.net..."

only1harry
Contributor
Contributor

Is SMPT Mail down? "can't connect to incoming.verizon.net..."

Message 1 of 6
(1,303 Views)

I have been getting this error on my Outlook for 4-5 hours now.  "connecting to incoming.verizon.net" and it never connects.  What is going?  I can ping outgoing.verizon.net, but cannot ping incoming.verizon.net.  I logged on to verizon.net web site and can see the last email I received was around 5:15pm.  Has the Verizon mail service been down all night May 20th?  It's just past midnight on the 21st and it's still down.  I have not had an outage like that in years.

5 REPLIES 5
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Is SMPT Mail down? "can't connect to incoming.verizon.net..."

Message 2 of 6
(1,293 Views)

The settings have been changed. Follow this link for the new settings. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/12...

Leno77
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,259 Views)

My incoming Email went down at the same time on May 20, 2014 - about 5:00pm.   I have the required settings that have been working right along.  I know of another Verizon email customer who is having the same problem.   One site indicated that the incoming Verizon POP server is down. Is that true perhaps?   I can send emails just can not received them.

upstatefan
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,154 Views)

5/21/11:10 AM  It ois still down and I also have a trouble ticket on it.

Rob3h3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,139 Views)

I'm on live chat now with someone and it's NOT the settings have changed.  There's an outage and a ticket number  

MAH5003654 is the ticket number.

only1harry
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,029 Views)

Thanks guys.  I knew it wasn't me.  It started receiving email this morning but there are still sporadic failures.  Sometimes I have to hit "wait" a couple of times or keep refreshing and eventually I see the new emails.  There is still an intermittent problem.  They probably made some changes yesterday (on the 20th) or tried to upgrade the servers or a load balancer in their network.  I have not changed my email settings in years and Mail has always worked fine.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.