Is SMPT Mail down? "can't connect to incoming.verizon.net..."
only1harry

I have been getting this error on my Outlook for 4-5 hours now.  "connecting to incoming.verizon.net" and it never connects.  What is going?  I can ping outgoing.verizon.net, but cannot ping incoming.verizon.net.  I logged on to verizon.net web site and can see the last email I received was around 5:15pm.  Has the Verizon mail service been down all night May 20th?  It's just past midnight on the 21st and it's still down.  I have not had an outage like that in years.

0 Likes
Re: Is SMPT Mail down? "can't connect to incoming.verizon.net..."
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The settings have been changed. Follow this link for the new settings. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/12...

0 Likes
Leno77

My incoming Email went down at the same time on May 20, 2014 - about 5:00pm.   I have the required settings that have been working right along.  I know of another Verizon email customer who is having the same problem.   One site indicated that the incoming Verizon POP server is down. Is that true perhaps?   I can send emails just can not received them.

0 Likes
upstatefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

5/21/11:10 AM  It ois still down and I also have a trouble ticket on it.

0 Likes
Rob3h3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on live chat now with someone and it's NOT the settings have changed.  There's an outage and a ticket number  

MAH5003654 is the ticket number.

0 Likes
only1harry

Thanks guys.  I knew it wasn't me.  It started receiving email this morning but there are still sporadic failures.  Sometimes I have to hit "wait" a couple of times or keep refreshing and eventually I see the new emails.  There is still an intermittent problem.  They probably made some changes yesterday (on the 20th) or tried to upgrade the servers or a load balancer in their network.  I have not changed my email settings in years and Mail has always worked fine.

0 Likes